my baby shaking when brake!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jin

Club Guest
Hi, my dear e21 is shaking!!!When i brake, my ride will slide to 1 side.. it really scared me.. what had happen??by the way, the wheel is shaking when i brake, this not happen every time i brake but its happen frequently... i think my e21 already sick.. anybody know what happen??I had sent to many shops to repair and already change a lots of things but it seems didn't solve the problems. my location now is at butterworth, anybody have any good and experience mechanic to introduce me>?? Really hope to get my baby back to normal as soon as possible.!! please help me...

jin;238899 said:
Hi, my dear e21 is shaking!!!

When i brake, my ride will slide to 1 side.. it really scared me.. what had happen??
by the way, the wheel is shaking when i brake, this not happen every time i brake but its happen frequently... i think my e21 already sick.. anybody know what happen??

I had sent to many shops to repair and already change a lots of things but it seems didn't solve the problems. my location now is at butterworth, anybody have any good and experience mechanic to introduce me>?? Really hope to get my baby back to normal as soon as possible.!! please help me...

hi jin,

glad to hear of another E21 owner on board...

might want to get your lower arm bushes checked for excessive freeplay... it is very common problem due the fact that the car is really heavy so it wears out after some time... rate of wear is even faster if you are not careful enough to slow down over potholes!

excessive wear on the bushes tend to make you feel like the car is running on 'jelly' instead of tyres esp when braking... and the 'thud-thud' sound very noticable esp going over speed bumps or uneven roads...

sorry, don't know any competent mechanic in butterworth but i do know of one in alor setar if you are willing to drive up. he has been maintaining my e21 the last 20 years also when my dad was the previous owner....

Unispeedwell Sdn Bhd
281, Mergong (20 Industrial Estate
Lorong Perak 14
Alor Setar
Kedah 05150
Tel:04.733.7018

pls consult Frankie Yee @019.440.4493. he should be able to diagnose/rectify the problem.

hope this helps....

cheers:rock:

Hi Rifhamdi,

Thanks for your advice, i can try out the mechanic that you advice, by the way, i may go for Frankie if my mechanic cannot fix the problems.. hmm.. for the stabilizing bar, i had change the bush few weeks before, but still got sound, don know how its happen..

how ever, thanks for your advice, i will look into my car by myself if still not ok...

Huh, today i get back my baby d, after major service, cost me another RM270 for the shaking problems, finally its went back to normal, yeah!!

So, this is what i had done:
1pcs Timing belt = 80
2pcs Fan belt = 56
1pcs Radiator pipe = 50
1set Timing bearing & spring = 80
1pcs Fuel filter = 50
4Ltr Engine oil (red cestrol) = 55
1pcs Oil filter = 28
1pcs Valve cover = 48
1pcs Fan cover & assembly (modification) = 60
1set Boon seal = 35
2pcs Front brake disc service = 80
2set Front brake pump kits = 116
2pcs Front brake pipe = 64
1Btl Brake oil = 10
Labour charge = 230

Total = RM1042.....

HOw you all think?? price reasonable??

prices charged are not bad at all, jin! quite reasonable!

glad she is now behaving normal...

cheers

jin,
ur car no longer pulling to one side when braking?
well last time when i had this prob on my e30, i changed the brake caliper kit,
and it worked. But am not sure whether the caliper kit for e21 is easily available or not..

hope that helps.

Hi there,
Ya, my e21 no longer pulling to one side d and no more shaking now after i change the brake pump kits, don know whether is it the "caliper kit" or not... how much u change tht things?

naharnms;240410 said:
jin,
ur car no longer pulling to one side when braking?
well last time when i had this prob on my e30, i changed the brake caliper kit,
and it worked. But am not sure whether the caliper kit for e21 is easily available or not..

hope that helps.

huh...!! mine is even worst. It shakes even while stationary!

I guess your disc rotors must be warped.

Sounds like braking is uneven on one side.

Same with aircraft, if only one side of the thrust reversers is not working and the pilot forgot and pull on thrust reversers right after landing, aircraft will swerve left or right depending on which side the thrust reversers are not working.

Which means if your brakes are not working on the left, you will swerve to the right and vice versa.

Wah, very dangerous. I better get my brake calipers service kit soon and get them serviced. Safety first!

SC

Exactly.. better service as soon as possible, very danger.. If it swerve to left side then motor driver is more unsafe...

sclim;241073 said:
Sounds like braking is uneven on one side.

Same with aircraft, if only one side of the thrust reversers is not working and the pilot forgot and pull on thrust reversers right after landing, aircraft will swerve left or right depending on which side the thrust reversers are not working.

Which means if your brakes are not working on the left, you will swerve to the right and vice versa.

Wah, very dangerous. I better get my brake calipers service kit soon and get them serviced. Safety first!

SC

Top Bottom