Modified 4 drs seats to 2 drs seats

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

KiNaKa

Club Guest
i got a pair of e30 4 doors front seat but wanna convert it to coupe (2 DOORS) seat....Anyone have experience on modified it ???haha... serious...

u will need the seat rails as the tilt and aore/aft mechanism is different. Might as well buy the coupe seats, as far as i know the seat rails itself will set u back for RM300/ piece.

ok... i have everything.....

i have coupe seats and also sedan seats as well as the rail or mechanism...

just that i feel comfort with my sedan seat... and i would like to transplant to my coupe.... hehe

Again... i need more advice from you dvng... thanks ya..

Originally posted by KiNaKa@Apr 11 2005, 06:31 PM
ok... i have everything.....

i have coupe seats and also sedan seats as well as the rail or mechanism...

just that i feel comfort with my sedan seat... and i would like to transplant to my coupe.... hehe

Again... i need more advice from you dvng... thanks ya..
Vat r u saying Mr.C, dot u feel der coupe seats r less comfortable compared to ur sedan seats, dot's vy u vant to change? :)

i wanna convert the sedan seat to coupe seats..... if not when i use the sedan seat onto coupe then the seat can't fold too much,,, hehe

thats why bmw made 4door seats for 4 doors, and 2 door seats for 2 doors.....why dont you convert your 2 door car to 4 doors just to fit the 4 doors seat..........make sense?

How different are the two seats. If nearly the same or if looks don't matter to you, you could just change the driver's seat. Limit entry to the rear via passenger side.

Personally, I would go look for a pair of Recaro seats, as long as they are not from Proton (too soft). Wait a minute!! I already do! :nyehehe:

Originally posted by ichiwan2@Apr 13 2005, 11:34 PM
How different are the two seats. If nearly the same or if looks don't matter to you, you could just change the driver's seat. Limit entry to the rear via passenger side.

Personally, I would go look for a pair of Recaro seats, as long as they are not from Proton (too soft). Wait a minute!! I already do! :nyehehe:
Thanks ichiwan2 ,

Atleast You are the only one who giving advise... Thanks alot...

I'm having the original e30 recaro seats for sedan.. i feel wasted to sell it off....

I just bought an e30 coupe , everything is original... i hope my recaro sedan seats can transplant into the coupe as well.... thats it....

Is that wrong ????

what convert 2 door to 4 doors in order to fit the seats lah...
wat kind of theory is this ???

sorry if i'm sound ignorance to u guys... whatever people do, they have their own reasons.... dun simply shoot people without thinking...
if the money is easy to earn... no body wanna be poor at all...

Again.... Thanks Ichiwan....

Originally posted by KiNaKa@May 1 2005, 03:14 PM

what convert 2 door to 4 doors in order to fit the seats lah...
wat kind of theory is this ???

sorry if i'm sound ignorance to u guys... whatever people do, they have their own reasons.... dun simply shoot people without thinking...
if the money is easy to earn... no body wanna be poor at all...

it's a joke.....don't you get it....?

anyway, coming from someone who has very low budget, you seem to have loads of parts for sale, and most part you said you got it at high price.......is this for real? or trying to give a sad story so others will buy at your high price you got it for....?

are you joining this forum to sell stuff,?
gather info and call yourself an expert?

for someone who "don't have much money" you seem to have 5 pairs of seats, of them 3 are mtec front and rear, ABS pump, loads of other mtec stuff, and god knows what else......

and as i remember clearly, you told me about the gearboxes, and in the end, it was not what i was looking for, and you accuse me of just playing around and not serious about buying....if it was not the gb i was looking for, why should i even be bothered to look, but in the end you said the chopshop gave wrong info, which, seriously i don't think they did, you just wanted me to look at it and identify.....

get your facts right before you even accuse others !

As i've told u .... not everything i have is from myself....
some is from my dad.... the car he gave it to me.... means i have to handle with it... i couldn't expect anything from him.....

Giving sad story ? ya its very sad to hear that... i'm real stupid buying cheap stuff with expensive price... even my money got scam by the forumer here as well.... i'm really stupid....this one i admit....

about ur manual gearbox , i dun really understand what u meaning...
i just use my parents workshop name and ask for it.... of coz the chop shop expect a represent of the garage who order the part to check it out wherther the part is right or wrong...

In an addition, workshop & chop shop they don play play with this...
we used to take it from them,means " IF U WAN U COME & SEE, IF NOT DON'T ASK THE PRICE" understand ?? not i try to jokes or what....

since u are the one who wants the gear box....
if i dun call u go and see the gearbox... who u expect me to call ?? my dad ???? do u think u will simply let ur son use ur garage name and buy stuff for others ????

5 pair of seats ??? no la... 4 only...
2 original, 2 mtec.... only the mtec is mine....

ABS pump is taken from e36 half cut as i've told before... i just need the engine...since customer paid for everything... of coz there are something left.... thats it...

the info i need is for my own car....... sorry
doing sales i just need PR....

i wondering why just a seat conversion topic will comes out so much of off topic.... Are u still angrying me wasted ur time brought u there and coudn't get u the gearbox u looking for ????

Issit every others are waiting to fire on me as well ???? if yes, please do make it now.... clear cut that politics were never ever on my mind....
i'm here just to enjoy my ride.... if i'm not welcome please sound me and i'll leave....

If there is a miss understanding...then we just F*CK it off... thats it... can ??
i believe u & me also don't really wanna argue... right ???

wat say u ??

chill out guys.........lets grab a beer and cool it off, my treat......

Yea!! Thanks dvng!! we drink to cool down, don't drink for fight is ok ady... hahaha.... Cheers*

nobody said you were stupid nor nobody said you were not welcomed

if you were cheated by some other forummers, then do make it public, so others dont get scammed

and yes, there some forummers just here to make money from others, but don't think everyone here wants to take advantage of you all the time

because of past experiences, some of us don't trust newbies anymore

and if you didn't get any constructive reply on your seats, then nobody here knows how to do it

this info on conversion is the bread and butter of some mechanics, so its not fair to post it up, and this is not for the technically faint people, its got to do with pressure, springs, absorbers etc.

this stuff you don't take out and replace over the weekend

kinaka i'll come to your place one day and we'll take a look at how it can be done. ok?

Originally posted by KiNaKa@Apr 10 2005, 12:44 PM
i got a pair of e30 4 doors front seat but wanna convert it to coupe (2 DOORS) seat....

Anyone have experience on modified it ???

haha... serious...
BUY A FOUR DOOR SEDAN........NO MODIFICATIONS NECESSARY!

Kinaka,

Sometimes you should take a good look in the mirror, sometimesz some of us here take a good 'shot' at you becos of the way you present yourself on this forum. We have always been very supportive towards newbies and all kinds of enthusiasts, but the way in which you conduct yourself in this forum sometimes leaves a huge question mark in our minds!

Remember...... a car is only as good as it's driver! :yes:

what's with all this lah....???? there's 2 ways to it....

1 is to convert the seats...
2 is to exchange with someone with a coupe seat... ;)

and kinaka, I dont' have anything personal against u but sometimes ur antics do get on ppl's nerve..... Just some feedback... No hard feeling...

Good to say it out here... Atleast u all giving me chance to learn & i'll change.... Thanks Kevster & Fabian....

Teejay,
Hope u understand my situation, i'm just helping u to find the gearbox... not on purpose call u go there and identify the gearbox for me, remember the gearbox is for u, not for me...Again.. my dad didn't owe anyone here & i'm not the boss...

Being cheat & scam over here i've tried alot... so i won't be kind to trust & help anyone else... no one will appreciate what i did for them... they will only asking for cheap stuff & freebies then f*ck me off...

Skar19,
Thanks for ur offer....

Moderator please close this topic as miss understanding has been settled down... I've found another e30 recaro seats for coupe ady... Thanks

now see!!!thts more like it!i'm sure tht this forum was set up as a medium for like minded ppl to congregate and enjoy each others company and just chill! :yahoo:
we should keep personal opinions to ourselves or voice it out via PM and not the forum itself as it doesnt do much to the image of the club now does it? :rolleyes:
lets all b merry and not keep ill feelings towards our fellow udm'ers!
i may seem fierce and cocky but for ppl who know me,i'm all heart! :lol:
so i'm glad tht this lil carried away misunderstanding has been settled!
make love not war i say! :lol:
kinaka,if u wanna pasang the coupe seats to ur ride,do it!skar19 & i will help u! ;)
to all the forummers,peace b with u and happy holiday! :eek:k: :lazy:
regards,
-brad-

Top Bottom