Mixing Directional Tires and Asymetric Tires

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gendong

Club Committee
Gentlemen,A thought came to mind as I am contemplating to change only my rear tires (going to be worn out pretty soon) to asymetric tires (Goodyear Asy 2). Currently all 4 are on directional (Toyo T1R). So possible scenario : front on Toyo, rear on Goodyear Asy 2. Would it be beneficial in terms of handling? Or would it be a no-go kinda setup? Thread patterns?Been reading off the net. Some say no issues, some advised not to have such a mix, some say we would not be able to feel the difference etc. Ride is mostly for daily commute, with occasional highway cruising.Anyone with this kind of setup?.....thanks.

Ops my bad. Mods appreciate if can move this thread to the right section. Thanks.

i see no problem with mixing the tires... as long as they are the same left-to-right. I once had front directional tires, and read asymmetric tires for my car. Felt the same even after i changed to all asymmetric.

If your butt sensor is not sensitive, then not need to do much research la since money constraint is there.

Thanks for the input guys. Anyway, it's not about the brand of tires that are gonna be used, expensive or not, but more of the thread pattern on those tires, if it really make a difference. Directional/asymetric combo. if its a non issue, means it could be an option.

Money constraint? Hahahaha..........

Changed my rear tires to asymmetric pattern. Got Toyo C1S instead since the shop had run out of stock for 255/35/18 Goodyear F1 Asy2. Ride wise, no significant changes in terms of handling or road feedback etc as feedback by bro Iylia. Just felt a lil bit of understeer (maybe its because of my staggered setup plus new tire that needs to run-in first).

Other than that, everything felt the same......

Top Bottom