Missing cover - E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

WPC

Club Guest
Recently realized one right side cover is missing. Dunno what you call it so please see attached pic, the right grill cover under the number plate. Either dropped off or someone nicely removed for me. This made me observe other E60s and to my surprise, out of 5 cars I noticed 3 were without both sides covers hahaha...so it's quite common. Now instead of trying to buy a replacement, I oso removed the left cover. My question to the sifus here is whether it's ok to NOT have the covers? Any danger or not? Thanks!!

The design engineers has to go undergone thousands of r&d for this. Better stick to it bro.

Its a protection for ur radiator tank as well, who knows u'll get a bird strike later :D

yup, might as well replace it... i lost my right side cover and only realised it a week after taking the car from the dealer. Can't remember if it was there in the 1st place...replaced it anyways... still there on the car when i washed the car oer the weekend...

like yazmeen said, it's protection for the car's radiator and aircond condenser, might as well...

it happened to me last yr. just go buy frm spare part dealer & fix it by urself; rather buy frm service center.
got to know this cap was only less than rm100; but end up paying rm160...sighhhhhh!!!

Oh in that case I better replace it. I'm located at Damansara Utama. Can I get them from any spare part shop there or any to recommend around Damansara/PJ area? Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your advise. I quickly went and bought a replacement today. From Bavarian Auto PJ. Cost me RM135.

louiswaw;618696 said:
it happened to me last yr. just go buy frm spare part dealer & fix it by urself; rather buy frm service center.
got to know this cap was only less than rm100; but end up paying rm160...sighhhhhh!!!

you lucky..I pay Rm5 more..hu..hu..

right cover

i lost mine last year .... but i did really think that someone stole it....
coz my car wasn't driven anywhere... the next thing i knew,gone....!
but went to the dealer and they said it was a small prob and gave me a new one....
free.!!!:top:

Mine was stolen in Penang.. :( but got it replaced the following day.. easily stolen, apply bit of force to lift from the slot..

Top Bottom