Minor scratch mark at the rear bumper

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

marc

Accidently scratched a section of my rear bumper when doing a side parking recently. The sctrach mark is about 11 inches long and 1 cm wide and located in the middle section of the left bumper. Went to AB today to get a quote from them for the body paint and was told that it is around RM 900 - RM 1000 as they need to spray the whole bumper again. Is there any authorised BMW workshop in KL that I can approach directly for this as I believe it will cost lesser if go direct to the workshop instead of through AB/ BMW. Also, do i need to spray the entire bumper or only the affected part?

FYi, I am driving a sapphire black bmw 320i.

Best to spray the whole of the affected panel rather than just the affected area. This will ensure consistency of colour tone and paint thickness. You can try polish the scratch off and see if it's acceptable before deciding to spray new paint. Pricing will definitely be cheaper if you go direct to spray paint shop.

I have polished away scrapes with my house gate, even when I thot the scratches were too deep and too bad.

Try using a cutting compound followed by a polish.

A pic would help.

In the end it all depends how deep the scratch is. If you see the bumper material exposed then you know you have to respray the whole bumper for reasons splee bro mentioned.

Top Bottom