M50 / S50 engine convertion replacing 4 potter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jackyhung

Club Guest
hey guys, i am planning to convert my m40 engine on my e36 to either M50 2.5 / 2.8 or S50 (e36 M3 engine). I'm hungry for power now a days. If anyone is planning to convert their M50 to even more powerful stuff can let me know, we can do some trading. Anyone got any news on any nice half cut can share here also ( ;oh ya, im looking for a manual one. Auto not so of my taste. heheThinking to put a SR engine in but i am worry it is not so practical for everyday driving.Anyway,Thanks.

for a complete manual one to come by is very very hard and most likely it's sold before reaching the shop ...infact after doing your math the complete manual half-cut comes back to the same figure as the method i've mentioned below ...

the only option is ...if you're going for an m50 .... you need to buy the manual GB separately 1st ...then match it ...there a few for sale right now if you're serious into it ....

seen an S50 with manual 6sp lying in the chop shop sometime ago ....

got 1 shop have a M50 / M54 325i auto halfcut going for aorund 4.5k . At Kuchai Lama. U can sort it out with them.

Manual 1 seldom heard of and hard to find also. unless u go for S50. i think it is actually comes down to ur budget...

ur budget determines wat is suitable for ur car.... RM 8-10K go for 325i... if S50 would cost more than 30K bro.... somemore the roadtax...RM 3k plus and petrol money also....hehe....

hahaha..true also what u said ray..maybe i get a 2.5/2.8 engine and get a zf/getrag manual gearbox..everything will be direct fit as i seen so many car had done so..

i think its true also firdaus, body doesn't really feel the same compare to 325,328..later whole car come out to pieces after i put S50...hahaha

Top Bottom