M50 injectors (*elwin, help)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Tom

Administrator
Staff member
yo elwin and guys,is the M50 injector a perfect fit for the M20?so what i do is just buy/steal 6 M50 2.5 injectors and plug it into my M20, put back the harness and drive and smile? is that it?re-tuning would be ideal, but should that be essential, at least for the mean time?thanksTom

If the M20 flow rate is equivalent then no need to retune I suppose. But the M50 injectors have better flow pattern and hence better atomization which eventually results in better power and fuel economy.Yup, it will fit right in!

hahaha, Tom. Beh tahan leh.Yes, it's a plug and play. Remmber to clean up some sludge cos mine is full of them. It's good time to service yr trottle body too. But not too sure if m20 need to be removed while changing the injectors.Let me know the outcome..

thanks bundy elwin and pussy.yes, i can't take the temptation. especially i'm thinking there's some starvation during high revs....right, so it'll fit right in. time to shop :) :)pussy, yes, i should do that :) if it doesn't feel right that is...

Tom,Yes, it's plug and play for these injectors! But a retune of your unichip on the dyno would optimize the result!

i think the m20 run on 17lbs and the m50 injectors are rate 19lbs+. If i'm not wrong, you need to get the correct flow injectors or you will run the risk smashing your pistons into the blocks. You also need the ones which are numbered 415 and which are 19lbs. The 41 comes in a 16-range from 16lbs to 24lbs and different colours. You need the correct ones, ithink 3 out of the 16 and green in colour. Apparently the correct ones comes from the e36 m3. Alternatively u can use the Accel injectors rated 19lbs by eurocarmotorsport.

Well, if you want the 17lbs get the M50 B20 ones, last three digits 414 compared 415 (B25). More fuel (richer afm) gives you better or should I say massive torque while sacrificing fuel consumption and some top end hp.Al

right, i guess it's not as easy as i thought it was..fine, i'll go do some research..then there's this saying that the 2.5 M20's injectors can barey sufficient for the engine, stock, but when tuning the Unichip, the technician had to reduce the fuel?then there are people who has the M30 injectors and they swear by it..

Originally posted by Tom@Dec 17 2004, 03:54 PM then there are people who has the M30 injectors and they swear by it..
they probably swear BY it for the torque surge....And then swear AT it for the poor consumption... :D

Originally posted by dvng@Dec 17 2004, 04:56 AM i think the m20 run on 17lbs and the m50 injectors are rate 19lbs+. If i'm not wrong, you need to get the correct flow injectors or you will run the risk smashing your pistons into the blocks. You also need the ones which are numbered 415 and which are 19lbs. The 41 comes in a 16-range from 16lbs to 24lbs and different colours. You need the correct ones, ithink 3 out of the 16 and green in colour. Apparently the correct ones comes from the e36 m3. Alternatively u can use the Accel injectors rated 19lbs by eurocarmotorsport.
Aiyo, DVNG..dun scare TOM away lar...using bigger injectors wont smash the pistons into pieces, revving your stock engine to 7200rpm will!!! I have tried 24lb injectors before, massive torque!!Tom, get the M50 B25 injectors. Then just check whether you are running too rich or not.Another thing most people tend to forget or dunno, cars with richer settings tend to last longer because the petrol actually cools down the engine!!

Originally posted by ALBundy@Dec 17 2004, 04:34 PM Another thing most people tend to forget or dunno, cars with richer settings tend to last longer because the petrol actually cools down the engine!!
thanks!yeah but richer also means u gotta change the plugs more frequent as well....i'm actually running a little rich currently.

Top Bottom