m42 engine oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
xsjado said:
what grade and what kind of motor oil do you use??e36 m42 engine

I am using AnglomOil from Australia.

So far have been using it for a while already... So far...very good performance and feel very light.

have been using Q8 F1 10W50..
Was using the Anglomoil I won during the Annual Dinner lucky draw but don't feel right, changed back to Q8 F1 after 3000km... Maybe it's just me...

in E46 manul, it didnt state which viscosity to used for our tropical climate, it only state use the oil with spec. such as BMW special oil, LL-98, LL-01 & LL-04. but i think u wont go wrong with 10w-40 & 10w-50, not sure if 0 & 5w or SAE 30 is suitable for our hot climate

fabianyee said:
have been using Q8 F1 10W50..
Was using the Anglomoil I won during the Annual Dinner lucky draw but don't feel right, changed back to Q8 F1 after 3000km... Maybe it's just me...

Maybe i should try Q8 then....hehehe..... :)

Cheers.

i'm using petronas semi syn 15w-50...185K miles on odometer on my M42...so far no problem. I think it need slight more than 4 liter. planning to use magnatec 10W-50 and see if there' any difference.

atermizi said:
i'm using petronas semi syn 15w-50...185K miles on odometer on my M42...so far no problem. I think it need slight more than 4 liter. planning to use magnatec 10W-50 and see if there' any difference.
magnatec have 10w-50?

not so sure la..about the magnatec...another thing about the number right...i understand it's about viscosity and how fast it heats up....can you guys explain to me further the pros and cons

Kekeke No need confuse lar bro. Lots of oils are pretty good. Just buy from reputable distributor and dont end up with "pirated" oil. Aduh!

go for Mobil 1 or shell fully synthetic.....base on my experience and a little knowledge about oil, mobil 1 is the best. tested...

RRR Fully Synthetic 10W40

i have been using Tripple R 10W40 from UK (sold in Carrefour cheap) on my e30m40 since September last year. it feels light and responsive and pretty good fuel economy.

however, my best experience is with mobil 1. but ith mobil 1 5W50, it only gets better toward 10000km or the later part of usage probably the oil is too "viscous" in the beginning.

Top Bottom