M3 Bumper

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E46 2.2

Club Guest
Guys,,I just bought a M/// Bumper from a friend in KK,not sure if it is a PU or a PP..the proble is;1) The workshop told me there is no clip at the centre of the Bumper to tie up the bumper from fall down..(clip only available at bot side,left an right)2) My original bumper there is a clip/screw behind the Bumper (Behind the plate number,when u take off the rubber stripe)3)Do you guys encounter that problem???? Bougt the bumper for 1500+250 (spray) = RM1750.....Im so upset cant fix the bumper to my car last saturday.. :( 4) Do i have to drill the M/// bumper so it can attached to the existing screw on my car?? or i need to get an adaptor for the M/// bumper..Thanks Guys

Is it an original e46 M3 bumper or just the M-sport/tech/whatever bumper? Maybe you should post a picture of it.

Where are you based?

Either way, I think a competent bodyshop should be able to sort it out.

if your bumper is the same as mine, an after market pp bumper then it is ok 1. other forummers have this too.

just tie the center part with cable and buy a bracket for the facelifted version.

my sides are riveted to the fenders. it is a lot of work but very secure. there must be another simpler ways for the side.

a good mudguard or spray paint company would be able to help. try and look for those who do many Bimmers or european cars.

another way to do the centre is to glue onto the metal piece like mine. i dont recommend that because it will make the centre slightly 'pushed in' for a good tight fit.

good luck. it will look good!

Guys im Base in KK (Kota Kinabalu Sabah), few modification made on my M/// bumper. they did a bit of drilling..will try to get the Pic of it..im just wondering, do i have to buy the plate number holder or it should come together??

for my opinion .. u better get a number plate holder to hold the number plate rather then just screw on the bumper. it depend on where u brought the bumper , some comes with holder n some without.

:D

Yohji,

Mine comes without..How about yours does it come together?? How much do you think the plate number holder cost??

i brought the whole " set " of bumper from singapore ... they already included the price for the holder , so i not rili know how much is the holder ... sorry

but i think the holder is less than RM 100.00 ...

:D

Top Bottom