M20 performance headers/extractors

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jules

Club Guest
Just doing a survey on what headers/extractors are good & reasonably priced. ( for a M20 )Please state source, price, improvements ( real, seat of pants & otherwise...he he ) & downsides too ( consumption etc )Trying to gather info & $$ for my eventual engine overhaul & "tune-up"....Cheers!

aiyoo.. No wonder Mr.Hartge call me la...Just confirmed a deal about a headers(performance) for him la... :)

Sorry Jules... :blush:

But I might be slling off mine...my replica JPS!!! :blush:

I've used the HotBit Headers...luve it!! especially on the mid range....superb!!! Miss it tho..now its in Chris Cab's Monster...!! :blush:

Now using the JPS( replica)...the low end is nice but not on mid range. :)

Originally posted by Zoggee@Jul 26 2005, 11:20 AM
aiyoo.. No wonder Mr.Hartge call me la...Just confirmed a deal about a headers(performance) for him la... :)

Sorry Jules... :blush:

But I might be slling off mine...my replica JPS!!! :blush:
what brand were these?

this headers walls are thin.. you might not like the exhaust sound from inside of the car as it is more evedent then..

my 2 siling..

can i know wat is mean by low end and mid range ??

sorry for hijack & thanks alot...

low end - low rpm range
mid range - mid rpm range...
top end - nearing red zone....

Originally posted by pussy@Jul 26 2005, 10:24 PM
this headers walls are thin.. you might not like the exhaust sound from inside of the car as it is more evedent then..

my 2 siling..
Puss,

Good point and a valid one which many wun even know......one solution is to wrap them with thermo blankets.....

Fab, what headers u running?

crack under heat? I can only think of the cyclic stress coming from the heating & cooling of the headers.....

hence thinner not always better.....but million dollar question is how thin?

I guess, a thermal blanket could promote that....cos it brings the temp higher and hence the tem diff when cooled down bigger....make sense ah? I still think if thicker....no issue and of course different material...ie. SS!

just my observation...

I dunno what to say la...technically..??? my grammar oso not so good wan...

Puss ,...have you use any performance headers ah..?? I oso wan to know... :blush:

Jules..why didn't call me..?? :)

Originally posted by KiNaKa@Jul 27 2005, 12:19 AM
can i know wat is mean by low end and mid range ??

sorry for hijack & thanks alot...
this is not hijjack...No worry dude.

Thats why you must ask...short and simple. B)

Fabian answered what...and now you dun have any headers at all :p

Originally posted by Jules@Jul 27 2005, 12:00 PM
crack under heat? I can only think of the cyclic stress coming from the heating & cooling of the headers.....

hence thinner not always better.....but million dollar question is how thin?

I guess, a thermal blanket could promote that....cos it brings the temp higher and hence the tem diff when cooled down bigger....make sense ah? I still think if thicker....no issue and of course different material...ie. SS!

just my observation...
C-here

http://www.thermotec.com/technology/faq/faq.html

Top Bottom