..M Coupe observation..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..as some of you already know, I have got Z4M Coupe..some short time, I was messing with it, polishing some things I found (nothing much), few things are left (nice M badges, replacement of existing BMW badges with black/white version, chrome or titanium pedals wrapping, gearbox stick upgrade, etc)..after that, plan is to start some more serious upgrades..in main time, I wanna adjust myself a bit more to the vehicle..so, here is some short observation of my amateurish perception..1) First of all, i MUST admit, i do not know how to drive this car. I felt how much long time use of auto transmission screwed up my driving skills (if i have had any :) ). Now, Im not saying that car jumping around or what not..no..Im talking about cornering. Im very convinced that if I take my E85 i have had, I could go faster trough curve than with my M. Keep in mind, this is NOT complain about car. Its simple and plain fact that my driving skills are plain joke. Car is just fine. Period. But im going to get this 'bad boy' right up to his neck :)2)Its powerful..and I really mean it. Feeling I have by using raw, manual transmission and feel engine grabbing the clutch is outstanding. Engine sound is just sooooo ..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. I love it :) Im super curious how it will feel with 550HP im targeting.3)Steering is also totally new experience. Steering wheel is significantly more massive than on my E85, and it is really solid, and i mean SOLID, and require more force to be used than electronically powered one on my E85. There is no gap, no empty space, no sliding. Its just keeping it up and straight strong. Its also realllyyy precise, way way more different than my previous Z.4)I have to do something with my knee position (left one, i use for clutch pedal)..i found it irritating that Im touching lower part of dashboard with it. I have feeling that I have had more space in my E85. Maybe just illusion, because left leg was idling and relaxing all the time, now..its busyyyyyy :)5) Fuel consumption is slightly different (read higher), and im not sure yet how much as I haven't pushed engine over 5500 rpm, as im still, well..learning :)6)Trunk is significantly larger than on my E85. Im not actually sure about it, but it seems it is, as you can see on picture.I could write up more, but Ill stop here and put few pictures here to share. I hope you like it.. Up close and personal, 'bad boy' :)
691_m.jpg
692_m.jpg
693.jpg
694.jpg
695_m.jpg

Noticed a big black box in the right corner of the trunk... what's it??

..no no..its Schnitzer rims with Pirelli tyres..I wanna paint outer ring of rims with white color, but im scared paint will not be precise so it will look quite weird when car moving, like rim out of place..Ill try to explore options and eventually get new rims..

Big Black box is actually battery compartment..kind a weird :)

Looks like its the driver that needs breaking in... :)

No worries bro! I went through somewhat the same experience as you are going right now.

Imagine, my previous ride was the E46 318Ci... had to undergo some months getting into terms with her 'temperament', right from 1st through 6th!

Not too worry, learn her nuances and I'm sure she'll 'bend' to your needs... :)

Tho' having 550 under the hood is another thing. That is another level altogether which I have no experience of.

Word of caution tho, with so much power, would she be mountable?

..I have no idea about anything regarding 550HP upgrade, except that engine+whole transmission, can take it easy and its not turboed, but supercharged...checked it all, and ESS has a right thing for that..having such power under the hood, car will reach Ferrari modena regarding power/weight ratio..yum yum :) but its too early to talk about that as i have difficulty to manage given setup :)

nice clutch stop there...

mind sharing what will take you to 550bhp?

Ecco, the Z4 M coupe is as close you get to a raw power car... with 343HP on tap, with a light body, it will take some time to handle it, nevertheless, the car is a good performer.

Take for instance, my old e30 with 276HP, very powerful, had to take at least 3 months to sort out the handling. even putting the power down in a launch is terrible.

why dun you enrol in a BMW driver course, there is beginner and a advance course. PM Albundy, this will help you to counter all the powerslide and drifting you need to do.

Then, ask Ivan to teach you how to drift.

Ecc0;734471 said:
Its ESS S54 VT2/3 Series Supercharger system, with option to go high as 650HP, but im not interested in to that :) .

http://www.esstuning.com/pages/E46-M3{47}Z4M-VT-SC.html

hehe, that car park looks familiar :p i told u that the beast in stock form is already a handful. 550hp you will need to wear adult diapers everytime u floor it. hahaha. but for z4m, 550 is the highest. 650hp is not offered for the z4m, only the 46m. ;)

initialM;734523 said:
Where r those ///M6 badges?????? please do justice to this sexy beast

wut?? its a z4m la, not m6. but whatever ganja you're smoking, i want some. hahahaha

EccO, I strongly advise U to attend the driving course. Why don't U attend the Level I course in June then joint the Level II course at the end of the year. Although the car used will be automatic but it will sharpen your driving skill...

Zul;734534 said:
EccO, I strongly advise U to attend the driving course. Why don't U attend the Level I course in June then joint the Level II course at the end of the year. Although the car used will be automatic but it will sharpen your driving skill...
..actually, after testing this boy, I realized that its not forgiving at all, as it was E85, so I think ill do just that..heck, I could easy start from 2nd gear..its really freaky strong..

@Papa Ramsing
hehehehe...of courseeee, we are just 100 meters away ;)

ramsing;734531 said:
wut?? its a z4m la, not m6. but whatever ganja you're smoking, i want some. hahahaha

Aisay must be your plotong bmwlookalike confuse me lar.

Ecco,

Since u r near to papa ramsing he might just pop up to ghee u up hahaha

Ecc0;734538 said:
..actually, after testing this boy, I realized that its not forgiving at all, as it was E85, so I think ill do just that..heck, I could easy start from 2nd gear..its really freaky strong..

@Papa Ramsing
hehehehe...of courseeee, we are just 100 meters away ;)

OK. Hope can meet U on level II course at the end of the year because I will come again if manage to secure a place.

ansonsoo;736238 said:
Awesome beast dude !! When can we touch it ?
..i hope i can join some of the gatherings with my 'bad boy'.. hehehe .. actually I do not know how that works..is it gatherings for M's isolated or? So far I was attending gatherings where all non M folks was, so im not sure is that some kind of rule or what ??

Ecc0;736419 said:
..i hope i can join some of the gatherings with my 'bad boy'.. hehehe .. actually I do not know how that works..is it gatherings for M's isolated or? So far I was attending gatherings where all non M folks was, so im not sure is that some kind of rule or what ??

We join all kinds tt bro.. Just sometime non official with few ppl tt only, not isolated or hiding..

Top Bottom