Loud whistle from engine bay

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

legendeer

Club Guest
Hi GuysI have this serious sound coming from my engine bay. Hard to describe, but if i had to, it sounds like a loud whistle. Imagine your gate un-greased. It gets louder at higher rpms. Almost disappears when engine temperature is at half.Have taken her to a few mechs, but no one seems to be able to give me a definite answer, instead i have been asked to leave the car there while they troubleshoot it. Closest answer i have got is an alternator issue.Please have a look here and tell me what you think... oh, and the "very bad man d sound" was me talking to d neighbour..hehe[video=youtube;pZjsYLoqR0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZjsYLoqR0c[/video]

sound like supercharger bro.
Could it be the belt tensioner or aircon compressor???

elixir;485551 said:
sound like supercharger bro.

Haha i know. People really got think supercharger wei...problem is i DON'T have a supercharger installed...lol

And if it was the aircon compressor, would it stop when engine reaches optimum temperature? I'm not sure, but i don't think so. Belt tensioner, maybe. It has been suggested to me before...got people say i need to call exorcist also la adoi....

Solved!

Done. Changed the alternator. Also got rid of morning startup squeaks and rattles, changed air-cond belt and tensioner belt.

Many thanks to posters.

Mods, please close.

Top Bottom