Liqui-moly lubricant / additive products

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ess530i

Club Guest
hi all anyone used liqui-moly engine oil or additive before? good? heard from the guys from Cheras/Kajang TT yesterday that they're excellent with noticeably improvement on performance. i'm thinkin of adding to my automatic transmission to extend its life... pls share ur experience thxhttp://www.liqui-moly.com

Bro, please dun put any of this into your engine nor gearbox, it will ruin your engine and gearbox.
BMW spends millions in research in oils that will work with the gearboxes, just that use the recomended oils. change the oils more frequently to maintain longivity of the gearbox.

i kena once, costs me $$$

cheers.

Please don't put any additives into gearboxes.

U need friction to work the clutch packs to grip in your auto gear box. Auto gearboxes does not have any gears in there except a set of planetery and sun gear sets which gives you all your gears, so there's not much friction in it. Power loss througth the auto transmission comes from conversion of the hydraulic pressure force to friction force on the clutch packs.

Even on manual transmissions, should never use any additives as the synchoronizers need a certain amount of friction to align the gear teeths for a proper shift. Misshifts will wack out the synchor's 1st then the gear sets. I've never seen a Getrag / ZF manual gearbox busted so far by using dino oil.

Your transmission fluid has the necessary friction modifiers to make it work in optimum conditions.

Moly in the form of molydenum disulfide is a nasty black ordour stuff people used to coat the barrels of cannons and guns to make the projectile fly straighter when exiting the barrel.

It's also been used to coat engine surfaces and usually a 1 time application is enough as it coves the crevices and pores of the rotating parts mircostructure. Best to use the concentrate and not the engine oil.

Would you feel the difference? Yes you may if your engine built tolerence is bad from the factory. I doubt BMW's have low precision machining parts as most parts are aluminium-alloy based and the fit tolerences are normally tight.

Check out Mugen's MT105 and a company called Mircolon for more info.

Their engine oil is good quality synthetic so it's fine if you want to run that at your next oil change. (It's BMW LongLife approved) There is a lot of debate over whether moly helps or hurts engines, but IIRC despite the name LiquiMoly actually has less moly content than Royal Purple and some other popular boutique oils. (go figure) So you shouldn't have any worries.

Wouldn't bother with the additives as you wont need it if you start with a good quality oil.

thank you all for the advice given which i will take into consideration

pussy...BMW may be spending millions in R&D but in some aspects they are still far behind the japanese such as fuel economy, reliability, etc. i've never heard of a toyota havin failed auto transmission but myself have experienced 3 times auto transmission failures in my bmw. sometime the solutions are simple & do not require million dollar investments such as replacing your tranny oil frequently. so i thought there could be other solutions as well...

ess530i....the only way to justify is to use the stuff and to share with us later your good/bad experiences. awaiting your report with much anticipation. thank you in advance.

ess530i;342808 said:
thank you all for the advice given which i will take into consideration

pussy...BMW may be spending millions in R&D but in some aspects they are still far behind the japanese such as fuel economy, reliability, etc. i've never heard of a toyota havin failed auto transmission but myself have experienced 3 times auto transmission failures in my bmw. sometime the solutions are simple & do not require million dollar investments such as replacing your tranny oil frequently. so i thought there could be other solutions as well...

yes, i agree with the above.. :top: but just do more frequent atf changes..

but the newer boxes are much, much better..

Hellraiser;342814 said:
ess530i....the only way to justify is to use the stuff and to share with us later your good/bad experiences. awaiting your report with much anticipation. thank you in advance.

i kena before by using the slick-50 in my engine.. killed my vanos system..

dun belief, ask Zoggee and Albundy..they were with me all the way trying to help resolve it.. costs me 3-4k finding the fault...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom