Latest 3 Series model stable?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

joepoh

Club Guest
Hi, i am about to place an order for 3 Series. I owned one before 10 years back but sold. Recently, i got a few of my buddy also into 3 series and 5 series. Some are heading some electrical problems. Anyone got experince that the latest 3 series is stable? Also 320 nd 325 which is a better version? I dont need to high power and also too huge like 5 series.:rock:

My friend why dont you intruduce your good self at the new bie coloum before you start asking question

joepoh;279403 said:
Hi, i am about to place an order for 3 Series. I owned one before 10 years back but sold. Recently, i got a few of my buddy also into 3 series and 5 series. Some are heading some electrical problems.

Anyone got experince that the latest 3 series is stable? Also 320 nd 325 which is a better version? I dont need to high power and also too huge like 5 series.

:rock:

Welcome to the club joe.

IF you are talking about ride handling and stability, I believe the E90 is better than its predecessors, better ride comfort and yet more dynamic.

As for the 320 vs 325 debate, the extra 500cc and 2 cylinders will make it a sheer driving pleasure. That being said, the 320i is no slouch either!

Cheers.

stable in what sense my friend..? and comparing to which marque? I'm sure 90% of the forumers here would say stable...BMWCM ma...:rock: you can check out the various discussion on the e9x threads to find out more..

anyway go for 325 if 5 series is not for u...and lastly..pls intro yrself at the newbie segment..cheers..:top: :top:

alight, let me goto newbie site. Cause i going to get one, thought only when u owned it can be there? lol

no prob mate..ya get one quickly and start enjoying the sheer driving pleasure..

Going to, i love BMW but my wife keep pushing me for new C-Class. Aiyo. But i am not going to compromise this round. Is man issue.

I just took delivery a 320i couple of weeks back at about RM220k, took advantage of whatever offer and condition they have, compare to a list price of RM236,800. Hi/low Xenon, rain sensor, automatic driving light, semi-auto seat, 17" rim 225 tyres, driven for 2 weeks. No complain so far except for the discomfort of no engine dipstick and no temperature gauge. :(

A friend told me I should have gone for the 325i for RM10k extra, its pre-registered 2007 car with about 1k mileage on it which I would properly listen if I got this piece of advice earlier. :(

Now practicing how to use the Manual mode. Very interesting le.. got 6-speed. The E60 lagi syiok! 7-speed nia.. :D

Stability problem? Look at it this way, I have not driven a more stable car.. :D

joepoh;279424 said:
Going to, i love BMW but my wife keep pushing me for new C-Class. Aiyo. But i am not going to compromise this round. Is man issue.

Hahaaaa... I am luckier than u. My missy opt for UDM.. :D Tell u what! The C-Class is about RM5k - RM10k more than the 320i. Use the saving to get her 0.5-carat ring and that will shut her up forever... Diamonds are forever mah.. :D

Hi Uncle Joe

Get the 325...definitely stable...the question is, are you stable enough to drive a stable 325. I test driven a 325 and 328 recently and can't get the feeling off my mind...you are the man...

planta

Come to think of it, every designers in the BMW facility are all working with one aim, one philosophy.... to develop Ultimate Driving Machines and if the new 3 is not stable despite having a 50/50 weight distribution chassis and extra large wheels, then its either the entire BMW team has fail, or u have to get a Ferrari or Lambor.. :D

thks buddy, giving me enough bullets and sign and close the case with my wife for the little carat thing. Eventhough i just cant appreaciate haha

Seriously, I had almost the same experience. I was holding back to my old faithful Perdana SEi, reluctant to sell despite missy keep complaining old car and want to replace it with 2007 Camry. To me, its all Japanese car la. They are all the same!! No matter how they change their look, its still a front wheel drive Milo can. No different than my Perdana and my Perdana is fully paid off! Worse still Camry 2.0 has no auto cruise, where as my 12 years old Perdana ada!!

Finally she say... what about getting a BMW.. that moment, u can see lights in my eyes!! :D Sold the problem free Perdana for a pitiful RM19k, still smiling.. :D

astroboy;279504 said:
Seriously, I had almost the same experience. I was holding back to my old faithful Perdana SEi, reluctant to sell despite missy keep complaining old car and want to replace it with 2007 Camry. To me, its all Japanese car la. They are all the same!! No matter how they change their look, its still a front wheel drive Milo can. No different than my Perdana and my Perdana is fully paid off! Worse still Camry 2.0 has no auto cruise, where as my 12 years old Perdana ada!!

Finally she say... what about getting a BMW.. that moment, u can see lights in my eyes!! :D Sold the problem free Perdana for a pitiful RM19k, still smiling.. :D

Boy, how can u say like that to Japs car i.e. FWD Milo!, Japs car do have their own advantages and styles if not Toyota wont be the biggest motor company in the world lah. U should look at high end japs model which i think is very advance and durable. U r not conmparing apple to apple, u r comparing to the name sake only.

I have owned the E36 and E46 for many years. I also had the use of an E90 325i for more than a month and now own an E92 323i. The E90 is the best 3-series ever! (yes, in my view, it's better than the E30 which many still insist is the best BMW ever!).

It's more solid, refined, spacious, sporty and amuch better to drive. Sure, I can point out any area or two which some may say previous 3-series' were better but that would make me an irritating nit-picker! In reality, the E90 as a tool of enjoyment and ownership prospect, it's the best 3-series!

with the amount of smooth racun infused today i think our friend joe will put down the downpayment latest tomorrow:top: :top:

thsaw99;279545 said:
with the amount of smooth racun infused today i think our friend joe will put down the downpayment latest tomorrow:top: :top:

Good, I look forward to his thank you note on this thread, heh!

cppeng;279539 said:
Boy, how can u say like that to Japs car i.e. FWD Milo!, Japs car do have their own advantages and styles if not Toyota wont be the biggest motor company in the world lah. U should look at high end japs model which i think is very advance and durable. U r not conmparing apple to apple, u r comparing to the name sake only.

I am not saying Milo can is not durable mah.. :D

Todate, no Japanese can get NCAP 5-star rating (correct me if I'm wrong) and lately Latio I think break that record, that's because its using Renault chassis..

Toyota can be biggest because cheap (efficient production) and reliable. That's why I have a Toyota at home ma.. :D Cheap and reliable, or else how to afford E90.. :D

High end japs model? Like wat? 350Z? R35? S2000? NSX? Lexus? Infinity? Its just a bigger cheap n reliable car only la.. :D

They still have engine oil dipstick, they still have water temperature gauge, even though its rear wheel.. :D

No offence... just for the sake of healthy debate.. ;)

astroboy;279558 said:
I am not saying Milo can is not durable mah.. :D

Todate, no Japanese can get NCAP 5-star rating (correct me if I'm wrong) and lately Latio I think break that record, that's because its using Renault chassis..

Toyota can be biggest because cheap (efficient production) and reliable. That's why I have a Toyota at home ma.. :D Cheap and reliable, or else how to afford E90.. :D

High end japs model? Like wat? 350Z? R35? S2000? NSX? Lexus? Infinity? Its just a bigger cheap n reliable car only la.. :D

They still have engine oil dipstick, they still have water temperature gauge, even though its rear wheel.. :D

No offence... just for the sake of healthy debate.. ;)

Eh... saya ada Latio and 350z too...... :rock:

astroboy, 325i pre-reg 2007 for RM 230k ? where can get it ? :love:

astroboy;279434 said:
I just took delivery a 320i couple of weeks back at about RM220k, took advantage of whatever offer and condition they have, compare to a list price of RM236,800. Hi/low Xenon, rain sensor, automatic driving light, semi-auto seat, 17" rim 225 tyres, driven for 2 weeks. No complain so far except for the discomfort of no engine dipstick and no temperature gauge. :(

A friend told me I should have gone for the 325i for RM10k extra, its pre-registered 2007 car with about 1k mileage on it which I would properly listen if I got this piece of advice earlier. :(

Now practicing how to use the Manual mode. Very interesting le.. got 6-speed. The E60 lagi syiok! 7-speed nia.. :D

Stability problem? Look at it this way, I have not driven a more stable car.. :D

Hahaaaa... I am luckier than u. My missy opt for UDM.. :D Tell u what! The C-Class is about RM5k - RM10k more than the 320i. Use the saving to get her 0.5-carat ring and that will shut her up forever... Diamonds are forever mah.. :D

Top Bottom