just for fun - 520d acceleration videos

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

paultantk

Club Guest
[video=youtube;tUHsc8cKXlg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUHsc8cKXlg[/video][video=youtube;yaroauRtnpw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaroauRtnpw[/video]

i have just been given a talk on 5d3 by mr.VP yesterday. now no longer underestimate the D-power hehe...

paultantk;667998 said:
later i take video of 532i...

Great..! Im just a little bit curious about the sweetness sound of BMW NA inline 6 as some people said that they are going to miss it.

t2ribena;668050 said:
how come the gear shifted before the redline? not full throttle?

Diesel la. Red line should start at 4k, all the HP and TQ all max out liao la.. :4:

it shifts at that point even in sports mode and full throttle. to go further, need manual mode, but feels kinda pointless

Dear Paul, if possible, can I request acceleration video for 532i shooting at the speedometer as well as gear shift in action? many thanks in advance.

HEy paul notice yr engine temp very low. my 520d once it warms up run at about 100deg (i.e the temp needle points at about 12 oclock). Is mine excessively high or was the temp in your video pre warmup?

fastnfurious;668302 said:
HEy paul notice yr engine temp very low. my 520d once it warms up run at about 100deg (i.e the temp needle points at about 12 oclock). Is mine excessively high or was the temp in your video pre warmup?
don't worry, the temp needle will be at middle or slightly to the left or right of the middle when the engine warms up enough... but i do notice that the engine warms up much slower then my previous ride (maybe to increase the fuel economy???)...

diesel engines run cooler than petrol engines so the temp takes ages to warm up...

last time my e270 cdi, the thermostat was stuck open, so at night on the highway i can actually see my temp dropping... i got the thermostat changed because too cool is bad as well as too hot.

for f10 100 degree is about right, the second video my temp is at that point.

Mine point a little left of 12 noon.. Anyway, don't point to the right .... or else you are in trouble .... hee hee

Top Bottom