iViNi-apps for BMW - BMWhat

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

airtube

Has anyone ever tried using their android mobile or iphone to run diagnostics or coding on a E39 using the software iViNi-apps for BMW - BMWhat which is RM201.75 with a cable or bluetooth adapter?

Actually got free trial. It says try out, if ok then only buy. But my e39 need bluetooth adapter or usb cable. So if anyone got adapter or cable, i can borrow and try. Cable about RM150 i think.

I can lend you my cable.

Deep said:
Actually got free trial. It says try out, if ok then only buy. But my e39 need bluetooth adapter or usb cable. So if anyone got adapter or cable, i can borrow and try. Cable about RM150 i think.

I have not met u quite a while. Looks like time to meet and refresh memories of MPSE..... when and where? OTT?

For E39, this is what it says:

Diagnosis works with OBD-cable
Coding does NOT work with this model yet.
Diagnosis and Coding does NOT work with bluetooth adapter

Connection possibilities
Up to model year 2000 a connection can only be established via round diagnosis OBD boxes under the hood = motor area (Adapter necessary)
Up to model year 2000 a connection can only be established via round diagnosis OBD boxes under the hood = interior, if existing (despite a 16 pol OBD under the dash)
Up to model year 2001 connection via 16 pol OBD under the dash = interior

ef2dd70649126f8bc6c1b706c609297c.jpg

Come over to Putra Heights any day except this Sat & Sun as I won't be around (going for Kluang official drive).

Deep said:
I have not met u quite a while. Looks like time to meet and refresh memories of MPSE..... when and where? OTT?

i got BMWhat apps trial version and the cable and have tried and it can detect the modules in my car.But I have not pruchased the full version yet.No requirement for it......yet.

Moots, u got the BMWhat Lite right. Does the light version have a time limitation or accessibility limitation? Whats the difference with the BMWhat full version?

no time limitation but got accessibility limitation for sure lah.the lite version is fr u to chk that yr car can be read by the app ie. the control modules can be detected.if can detect then u buy.kenot detect dont buy.u kenot do any coding or reset but can diagnose.but the diagnostic codes must be sent to ivini for readout.if buy.....can do reset n coding and diagnostic readout.
search fr mord info

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Deep said:
For E39, this is what it says:

Diagnosis works with OBD-cable
Coding does NOT work with this model yet.
Diagnosis and Coding does NOT work with bluetooth adapter

Connection possibilities
Up to model year 2000 a connection can only be established via round diagnosis OBD boxes under the hood = motor area (Adapter necessary)
Up to model year 2000 a connection can only be established via round diagnosis OBD boxes under the hood = interior, if existing (despite a 16 pol OBD under the dash)
Up to model year 2001 connection via 16 pol OBD under the dash = interior

ef2dd70649126f8bc6c1b706c609297c.jpg
Thanka for the reply moots.

As you see the table above, it says E39 cant diagnose or run coding via bluetooth. But with cable connection, diagnose yes, coding no.
Have u heard of anyone who did coding on a E39 using iViNi smartphone? I just wanna know how accurate is the shown table.

Thanks
Deep

Deep said:
Thanka for the reply moots.

As you see the table above, it says E39 cant diagnose or run coding via bluetooth. But with cable connection, diagnose yes, coding no.
Have u heard of anyone who did coding on a E39 using iViNi smartphone? I just wanna know how accurate is the shown table.

Thanks
Deep
I have an OBD2 bluetooth adapter. Works on E90 but can't read E39. Am using Torque app on Android.

Top Bottom