Is it 6.5L or 7L or 7.5L ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

pussy

Club Guest
Just wandering if you guys service the car, the amount of oil replaced is either 6.5L or 7L or 7.5L on the M50 series engines ?mine is 6.8L... plus oil filter on my M50 :wink:wonder on the M50's, M52's and M54's ?

mine has the external oil cooler, from the euro m3 ones i think it has another 3 litres or so......

if filled cold it should be 7.24 litres, if hot you have oil stuck in passages like your an.us......

teejay;249968 said:
mine has the external oil cooler, from the euro m3 ones i think it has another 3 litres or so......

if filled cold it should be 7.24 litres, if hot you have oil stuck in passages like your an.us......

you had to say something...:smokin:

pussy;249973 said:
you had to say something...:smokin:

yeah....you ask a technical question aand i reply in a technical way,especially the last 3 words....silly cat:stupid:

so basically if the engine is filled from an overhaul, it should be more, coz no oil inside and has to be filled a few times to get the optimum fill, my guess 7.9l in total .

if a normal oil change then it should be between 6.5l to 7l , again depends on the time of day, viscosity of the oil, heat within the engine, etc,etc,etc

just get extra oil and keep, who knows you can find ways to make use of it......especially read the my last post ,the last 3 words.....:rock:

pussy;249965 said:
Just wandering if you guys service the car, the amount of oil replaced is either 6.5L or 7L or 7.5L on the M50 series engines ?

mine is 6.8L... plus oil filter on my M50 :wink:

wonder on the M50's, M52's and M54's ?

pussy bro - you know my car - also 6.8L plus oil filter...:top:

too much oil - un-necessary preassure in your sump at higher speeds... unless u put a oil catch tank... but then again - you're the expert!:rock: :rock:

i m no expert, is just that why many engines have different oil requirement..

pussy;250241 said:
i m no expert, is just that why many engines have different oil requirement..

oh, Sri Vaheguru, :adore: you are so modest.......

all hail to the new Mahaguru....... :adore: :adore: :adore: .....Vaheguru......

now the new vaheguru has extra leg......:adore:

teejay;250261 said:
oh, Sri Vaheguru, :adore: you are so modest.......

all hail to the new Mahaguru....... :adore: :adore: :adore: .....Vaheguru......

now the new vaheguru has extra leg......:adore:

thank you... but thanks to u, it might had not been possible:burnout:

pussy;250293 said:
thank you... but thanks to u, it might had not been possible:burnout:

You are most welcomed :rock: ......and thanks to you for your business, not many bmw drivers are willing to spend rm100 per hour for consultation fees....:top:

He just main main with you all . Since now your engine will be 3.2 with super charge still need oil meeh?

ya... i heard that sith says can put in XR-1 inside kau-kau.. no need oil..

teejay;250014 said:
......if a normal oil change then it should be between 6.5l to 7l , again depends on the time of day, viscosity of the oil, heat within the engine, etc,etc,etc .....:rock:

for my car pulak different .... its all depend on day and time of the month, I ch:love: ange the oil. .....

If early of the month I will pour 7.5L, mid of the month 7.0L and 6.5L if end of the month (pokai liao) ...... ..... :thefinger: hehehehehe

reddybaron.....i read somewhere, as the engine approaches the speed of light, u dun need much oil. maybe some chunni oil is enuf....pussy's engine should be aroudn there la... :p

Top Bottom