Idling problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

IBBIE

Club Guest
Hi all,I'm having prob wit my E34. The engine will start after 1 kick but immediately turned off. After a second or third try then only the engine will constantly idle :huh: . Any advise or any other member experiencing this kind of problem.Pls help.

Hi, Can try ask your sifu to take out the throttle body and clean. had mine sometimes ago .

Hi pal,

Sorry for asking, where's the fast idling valve, fuel returned valve & fuel regulator located.

Is the clogged fuel filter can cause the similar problem.

Tq

you may want to check you mass air flow mix unit. Your air mixture may be out

Ibbie
Your prob sounds very similar to mine a couple of months ago. in my case it was a broken and therefore loose idling volume hose connector. It's located under the intake manifold - difficult to see visually but can feel with the hand if you know what you're looking for (I didn't know at that time). The connector is hard plastic with two clips sticking out. When one clip breaks (wear and tear, I think) the hose gets loose and no idle immediately after starting the engine. Good luck and regards, Faiz

I had the similar problem and just got it solved by cleaning all the relevant parts (Air - Intake + Idling).

Give a try and it costs a little. :)

Originally posted by WhiteTip@Feb 16 2006, 05:47 AM
I had the similar problem and just got it solved by cleaning all the relevant parts (Air - Intake + Idling).

Give a try and it costs a little. :)
WT, Yes, which the mech did when he replaced the hose connected. Typical 'small' problem but big headache! Cheers.

Originally posted by IBBIE@Feb 2 2006, 08:15 AM
Hi all,

I'm having prob wit my E34. The engine will start after 1 kick but immediately turned off. After a second or third try then only the engine will constantly idle :huh: . Any advise or any other member experiencing this kind of problem.

Pls help.
Ibbie, any update on your problem. I hope it's resolved happily. Rgds, Faiz

Hi,

This is the update. After done some cleaning on intake , throttle body and changed the fuel filter the problem resolved.

Thanx for the advise from all the forummer.

Cheers..

Top Bottom