Idling problem, E30 1.8 1990

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

msapi

Club Guest
Hi all,I have an E30 1.8i year '90. I think it's the m40. The problem Im facing is that, during initial start up the engine idles roughly, then after a while its ok. I notice the exhuast fumes is quick thick with a strong smell.If I drive without the air-cond on, idling is acceptable. but once I turn the aircond on, the idling goes haywire. :angry: Sometimes when I reach the traffic light, I press the clutch, the rpm would drop so low, that the engine would die. When i tekan for a while, then i slow die and make a turning the engine will also die, when i press the clutch to change gear.I have had the idle valve checked, service and lastly replaced with a recond. still no difference.What could be causing the problem?Is it the air flow sensor, as it seems my afs is of a different model. There is a temperature sensor cable, but nowhere to plug it into on the afs box.Could anyone with a m40 clarify what model number the afs is?Does anyone where how much a recon cost? from hafkat maybe?Appreciate any help.

Bro, try to check the rubber seal for the ICV. Maybe it's time to change. When the rubber 'keras', the air will escape and ur vroomm vromm not stable. Gud luck

Msapi,

Check all your vacumm hoses, if they are stiff/hard, pls replace them immediately!

BTW, I have the ICV, AFM and intake bellow for the M40, PM me for details.

emmm

the mech checked the icv and hoses, seems no problem/no hardening.

can anyone provide model number of the air flow sensor and pic would be really help. suspect the car running on different air flow sensor.

msapi,

the hoses can't be check via visual. do you known when it was last changed ???

best is to check the following

1) rubber bellow
2) icv hoses
3) icv
4) vacumn hoses

and yes, like kevin. I have all the above (NEW) to dispose off. If you are interested, you can pm me. Can you try the goods out. If it works, you pay, if not, just take it out and return to me.

elwine30: thanks for the advice. letme check it out first.
the mechs closed for raya.

will get back after raya.

thanks all, n happy holidays.

Top Bottom