i Drive instalation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Gan_24

Club Guest
Hello Friends,Is there any where I can install I drive for my 2006 E90?How much it cost.Need some advice from you guys.Thanks.

last time I asked Auto bavaria same question but got not a very encouraging reply from them. the just said it's not easy to install to my 08 E92...it's gonna cost a bomb too >rm10k. so they suggested better dun do it.

anyway u can get after market head unit that fit nicely to ur E90. I did mine for slightly over 3k....can get cheaper nowdays.

It has tv/dvd/cd/mp3/ipod interface/usb/gps/radio/bluetooth/camera....u name it.

Ic Thanks Bro.My e90 is Japan spec, it comes with TV,GPS and DVD.But cannot be use in Malaysia.Only I can play selected CDs only.That's why I plan to change
to I Drive.Is it possible to share with some picture of your head unit?Thank you.

vikes;707494 said:
last time I asked Auto bavaria same question but got not a very encouraging reply from them. the just said it's not easy to install to my 08 E92...it's gonna cost a bomb too >rm10k. so they suggested better dun do it.

anyway u can get after market head unit that fit nicely to ur E90. I did mine for slightly over 3k....can get cheaper nowdays.

It has tv/dvd/cd/mp3/ipod interface/usb/gps/radio/bluetooth/camera....u name it.

vikes,can yours display what the OBC information e.g distance to go,FC,average speed and access menu and can it work with the multifunction buttons on the steering wheel?
please share.

gan/namidub,

you can check the thread i post "Retrofit Entertainment for E92". this unit is purely for entertainment. So, vehicle OBC info cannot be read on the screen - remain at the steering wheel.

i also have another BM japan specs. when i got the car, TV/CD/Radio all working. I added DVD changer/GPS/bluetooth/camera at Auto Gadget in Kota damansara. try visit that place.

In your case, since u have those already built in but not working, may be u have to change the entertainment module. try Obermeir in Jln Ipoh.

I bought the latest idrive retrofit from overseas seller and got installation done at MZONE Kota Damansara. The big mistake was letting seller put full price on the DHL info, my tax here was crazy. Never again.

Nick335i;708235 said:
I bought the latest idrive retrofit from overseas seller and got installation done at MZONE Kota Damansara. The big mistake was letting seller put full price on the DHL info, my tax here was crazy. Never again.

mind sharing the total damage cost bro

Did you buy it from the guy from East Europe?
How do you retrofit the Idrive to E9X since car without Idrive has different centre console/ dashboard

Mind PM me the cost for fitting at Mzone?

Am thinking of getting the CIC unit with large screen to be fitted on my F10

car spare parts nomally kena 30-40% tax.

custom normally go for big ticket items. So far I bought car parts from ebay with value less than rm500, no tax imposed at all.

anyway, the price u bought for the idrive sounds reasonable.

Yes was from the seller in Poland. I also got a new centre console trim for it for all fittings.

Nick335i;709023 said:
Yes was from the seller in Poland. I also got a new centre console trim for it for all fittings.

for other ppl who want to do the same, declare it as "RADIO" or "CD PLAYER" which is not taxable, please dont put CAR MEDIA PLAYER etc..which will get you hit by 30%+10% tax on car parts

Top Bottom