HU for e36 318i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aoc

Club Guest
Hi all sifus, I'm getting a e36 318i in the nexxt couple of weeks from a family friend. I thinking of changing the head unit to a Blaupunkt (which I already have in hand). My question is about the factory wiring. My experience with my other car, Peugeot 306, was although the locally fitted HU was a Kenwood, the wiring was for the Blaupunkt, i.e. when the installer removed the Kenwood, there was a custom adapter which adapted the Kenwood wiring to the original which was same as used on Blaupunkt. Do you know if this is the same for the e36?Alex.

For OEM/distributor installation, they do not allow wire to be cut and tape like in the acc shop. What these suppliers of audio system does was to tap the signal from the audio wireharness from the car and custom made a adaptor for the HU which there are supplying. For your case it will not fit . I have E36 adaptor to fit any models

Hi Machine head,
Thanks for the reply. For my Peugeot 306 the original wiring harness could be plug in to the Blaupunkt without any adapter. Maybe unique for Peugeot just wondering what is the original wiring harness in a BMW? Will it match a Blaupunkt. Do PM me your contact for adapters, I'll definately contact you if I need it.

Alex

:) Eclipse 8061
:rolleyes: Alpine 9855
:yes: Clarion D2, Alpine 7998
:D Alpine 7990, McIntosh, Pioneer P9 (with processor)

:lazy: :lazy: :lazy:

Oi you fellas,

Stop spamming la! He's NOT looking at buying a new HU or something at this moment ... teruk la you all! Hahahahahaha !!!

VaN

:p Van, it's not spammingla, just tempting only, he's already thinking of changing the HU why not go allll theee wayyyy. Just showing what the dark side is offering. As the emperor said ABSOLUTE POWEERRRRR

Hi machinehead,
Yes thats what I need. I'm going to PM you to make arrangement to sent to me.

To the rest,
Trying to racun me ah... well I already have the head unit (taken out from my old car) otherwise may have gone with Alpine or Pioneer.

Alex

Top Bottom