How to supercharge a M40 E30??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hartgeH5

Club Guest
Guys...i plan to fix a supercharger kit for my M40...i planned to use a toyota 4ag supercharger tht comes as low compression type...my question is wht do i have to do in other words wht to change, modify n replace??...need help and feedbacks from u guys....thanks

the only concern is how deep is your pocket... when money is no concern, anything can be done.. u can even go to the moon.

The only major concern is WHERE to place the supercharger. Notice that the oil filter housing is in the way.

Unless u wanna follow this way...

Took this photo when I was in S'pore, it's a E36 325i with toyota supercharger

PICT8284.jpg

PICT8286.jpg

another way is the custom make the intake manifold to mount the supercharger ala downing atlanta supercharger kit

DASC.jpg

009-Blower_Assembly.jpg

07042006.jpg

last time i supercharged my GTi...with SC14 Toyota Estima Supercharger 2500cc.

amazing torque.. :D

i see whether i can find clearer pix or not...

honestly...i really am into superchargers rather than turbos...so brother...hartgeh5, if u want, i can hook u up with the ex turbo king and current supercharger maestro...TurboSang... (his name cannot change ma...if not become SuperchargerSang.) i think he is planning one for E30...as he oso got one e30 4 doors :D

thanks for all the info guys....brother tombstone plz keep me informed about the progress...really looking forward to get it done...fabian i agree with ur points but in terms of labour n modify still doing research...hope u guys can feel me in with more details...really appriciate it...thanks

no problem brother hartgeh5

last time my GTi supercharger running on piggyback - OBIT and customize fabrication and high cams.. :)

bro tombstone, next time you pay turbosang a visit mind if i tag along? Maybe can get idea from him about my ride

anytime mate..i have pmed my number to u ...juz sms back..and when i do go, will inform u k ...

bro lets see whether next week he is free...how bout a saturday?

sms on fri night, and remind me to check ;D

sorry me = short term memory

hi,just wondering,how much would it cost to supercharge my 1.8 m40 91' engine?power increase?drawbacks/problems of supercharging?:D

oo ok..so for turbo apa macam mau bikin,price?:D how much power gains in terms of bhp and torque?

just say with the puny m40 engine from 113hp on engine to 180hp with 250NM of torque and a price tag of RM8k should be good..

wowee sedap yum yum where can i get the barang barang?but let me siap my brakes first la.hahaha.can fly cannot stop die young man.

turbo, have to DIY.. unless you spend everyday buying zoggee dinners..

Top Bottom