How to re-program the memory seats?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Erest

Club Guest
Calling out to all E60 sifus here. :77:I have search this forum far and wide and there seemed to be no discussion about this issue. Hence this new thread.Recently I had to replace the batteries and after that the memory seat seemed to have "forgotten" the memory. Instead it memorise other positions which is not to the earlier preset memory. :stupid:I tried to fiddle with the buttons on the memory seats but to no avail. :106:I would really appreciate any feedback on this.10Q 10Q in advanced.

Maybe The setting in your keys have changed back to default once you replaced the battery...
I've been told that the memory seats are programmed in your keys... that's why the seat position will be different if I use another set of key. You should set your favourite position again using the button on your seats with your car keys in the ignition. That way, it will remember the settings in the future

just a very easy step to set dude. we have 3 key in driver seat (M, 1 , 2) right? configure the seat to ur preferences and then push Button M follow by 1 (1 or 2 the seat that you wanted it to memory in). then you may try to mess the seat positions and recall it back by pushing "1" untill it recall back the setting u have memory in previously. hope u get me. do let me know if tis is not the info u want.

Bro Thule,

I m still using the same key but the memory still is not programmable.

Bro Chookleng,

I did as per your instruction. BUt it still "remembers" the previous positions. Anyway to reset the memory?

Thanks
Erest

Bro,

Insert your key and turn to position 1 or 2. Then follow chookleng's instruction

hope this work

tats weird then. should work fine if u set accordingly. even if is not, it should be just a very minor problem, so don worry too much n try send to ur trusted mechanic n ask them solve for u. they wont be charing u anything for tis unless ur program kaput (very impossible will occur). hope it help

Bro, try ths 1st.

Unlock car wif - enter n close door - insert key n press start stop button until all lights on instrument cluster ON but dont start d car (T15) - press n hold central locking button for 10 secs until u hear a 'gong' - remove key n lock all doors for at least 30 secs (if u have comfort access, i suggest u go far2 away from d car )- unlock n enter car - t15 on - adjust seat - press M button - press n hold button '1' for 5 secs - adjust n save as "2" (same procedure as b4) - try pressing button "1" back - if does not return, then try 2.

if d seat does not return, then try bring it 2 ur nearest SC.

oligokoko;394592 said:
Bro, try ths 1st.

Unlock car wif - enter n close door - insert key n press start stop button until all lights on instrument cluster ON but dont start d car (T15) - press n hold central locking button for 10 secs until u hear a 'gong' - remove key n lock all doors for at least 30 secs (if u have comfort access, i suggest u go far2 away from d car )- unlock n enter car - t15 on - adjust seat - press M button - press n hold button '1' for 5 secs - adjust n save as "2" (same procedure as b4) - try pressing button "1" back - if does not return, then try 2.

if d seat does not return, then try bring it 2 ur nearest SC.

When I first see the instructions above, I was about to faint. Took me about more than 5 minutes to fully understand the instructions.

(Was trying to understand how you can press start button but not start the car??? and was also trying to make out if i should lock myself in the car or outside!?!?) damn. talk about being stupid (

so u manage to fix ur problem? good to u. i have no error wit tis at the moment. in future if i encounter, i will drop u pm for advice k?

Top Bottom