How much money do I need to drive E46 325i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kshapawi

Club Guest
Hi Guys,I'm planning to get E46 325i and not sure how much money need to spend on this machine. For getting the machine it's easy but maintaining it not really sure. Please do advice as I'm planning to buy one in a nearest time.

When I bought my 6 yr old car, I spent more than 25k on everything. Still there are minor stuff to rectify.

kshapawi;201956 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to get E46 325i and not sure how much money need to spend on this machine. For getting the machine it's easy but maintaining it not really sure. Please do advice as I'm planning to buy one in a nearest time.

you will need to spend quite a bit if the car has not been maintained according to BMW recommended service..i spent about 20k to get the car to be reliable and in good condition..

look for cars with main dealer service history and those which has inspection 1 and inspection 2 done, then hopefully your initial bill will be smaller

after this its just the regular servicing like any other car in this category

regards

I bought a 5 year old Japanese recon car.. Spent RM1.5k on full service and 2.2k on tires

Word of advice bro. Please get the car to intend to buy for an inspection by a recommended workshop for tests, visual checking (incl under-carriage) and most importantly GT1 hookup diagnostics. Do this BEFORE commiting to the car dealer.
This is over and above verifying all the documents and verifying the VIN against the "claimed" year of manufacture and other details available from VIN.

If and when done properly and by ppl who know what to look out for, you can save tons of money to spend on better things in life instead, i.e. mods :)

If need further help or advice, pls let me know or can pm me

Then how much is the cost if someone buy the 2nd e39 to get the car to be reliable and in good condition..?? The car is under AB service since it born.

Most probably still will go and get E46 325i. My dream machine. I think this is really call car and other is not a car at all.

Exactly 10 years ago, in my twenties, I was told this when I asked about the price of the E39 528i CBU from Cartrade salesman.

"If you were to ask how much, I believe you could not afford it"

Heck, I went to AB in Penang and drove it off the very next day!

netracer;202395 said:
Exactly 10 years ago, in my twenties, I was told this when I asked about the price of the E39 528i CBU from Cartrade salesman.

"If you were to ask how much, I believe you could not afford it"

Heck, I went to AB in Penang and drove it off the very next day!

That's the tactic they use for those sitting on the fence...:D

i bought myself,a couple of mths ago,an e46 {2004}
the miles on my car was only 45,000k then
and the cond was perfect,i paid alil more then market value..
and im very satisfied with the car,spent only 300 rm on service
and looking to change to 18 as the tires are wearing off..after 3 mths heheheh..
so i suggest u look for a local 325i as its the best car in the world!for me!
Enjoy the ride brother!bmw rulez!

I'm looking for 1. But not sure how to check the car before buy it. Afraid con by the Car dealer. Please do guide be if possible.

1. Engine condition ( How to check)
2. Other wear and tear part (What to check)
3. ValveTronic, Tiptronic, steptronic. (Which to choose)
4. Pricing. ( Year 2001 what is the standard price)

1. Engine condition ( How to check)
2. Other wear and tear part (What to check)

best is to have the car checked by a mechanic, or better still an authorised service center ie Sapura Auto.

3. ValveTronic, Tiptronic, steptronic. (Which to choose)
valvetronic is the throttlebody-less air intake technology introduced in the Facelifted E46 318i.
Tiptronic and steptronic are the same. Tiptronic is the name used by Porsche. Steptronic for BMW. Both are name for semi-auto gearbox.

4. Pricing. ( Year 2001 what is the standard price)
Check the newspaper and motortrader...

kshapawi;202306 said:
Most probably still will go and get E46 325i. My dream machine. I think this is really call car and other is not a car at all.

huh what do u mean by this is really called a car and others isnt a car at all?

lildevil;206233 said:
huh what do u mean by this is really called a car and others isnt a car at all?

If I interpret it correctly, what he is trying to say is that BMW are CARS whereas other brands are just VEHICLES.

But then again, if he is trying to say that an E46 325 is a car and all other series aren't, then I guess he is one misguided dude. Don't assume anything until you have driven and experienced the cars.

roland1888;206235 said:
If I interpret it correctly, what he is trying to say is that BMW are CARS whereas other brands are just VEHICLES.

But then again, if he is trying to say that an E46 325 is a car and all other series aren't, then I guess he is one misguided dude. Don't assume anything until you have driven and experienced the cars.

yeap fully agree with roland on this one.

if you have the time, do visit a few car dealers in town and have a test drive. It is better to feel it yourself.

There much differents between the 4 potters and 6 potters ya, even with just 100cc extra.

Try la ask for test drive.. If they dont allow you, then just skip and move to next outlet. BMW Malaysia do offer test drive for their new 325i Sports.. a good experience to feel how far E46 left behind.

Good luck my friend.

How much money do I need to drive E46 325i

Got mine bout 2 years ago.Had done 47k when I bought it.
So far done an oil serv at approximately 55k RM500,Inspection 2 at 80K RM2600.
Those are AB prices.Other than that changed the brake pad twice,Brake disc once.Mleaage full tank 60lts gives you 550k town use & beleive it or not 750k hwy use(that's at 120-130kmh or less).. So overall if you average it out you'll be spending approximately RM500-RM600 for maintenaince every 5000k clocked...Less if not AB prices.
Cheers.

Top Bottom