Hi all,Newbie here.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

PaddlePop

Club Guest
Hi all..i dont have any bmw yet,but looking forward to get one (318i e46)..now im driving camry 2.0 year 2003 for 2 years,bought from my dad :eek: ..im 25 years old but driving old ppl car..tats y really need my UDM haha..Hope can get as much info from all sifus..thx

hello. be warned of the initial repair costs after buying a 10 year old car. if you're prepared for it, an E46 is a good choice.

welcome to the forum bro......and all the best in your search.....read up and you'll understand why mizhan said so....

tq for the warm welcome..hehe my budget is around 50k cash..i have 2 option in mind actually, 1st is to buy e46 year 2002 which around 40-43k at mudah,so i have extra 10-7k for initial repair,or 2nd to get newer around year 2004/05 which around 50-55k at mudah..can get any opinion?

You should have about 10k cash to address any and all urgent repairs to get your new car reliable and comfortable for daily use.

PaddlePop;844164 said:
Hi all..i dont have any bmw yet,but looking forward to get one (318i e46)..now im driving camry 2.0 year 2003 for 2 years,bought from my dad :eek: ..im 25 years old but driving old ppl car..tats y really need my UDM haha..Hope can get as much info from all sifus..thx

A Very Good Evening to you PaddledPop :)

Welcome to the forum and a very cool name too !! Hehehe :)

Very happy to know plus its true what our Sifu Mirzan And Sifu Gendong said

Just be prepared but at the same time no worries is just a matter of time

you will know better as time goes by...

May I share with you since you are still in the process perhaps you

Would like to have a look at another option of E 46 325i Double Vanos

And if you could get hold of one at a good price will be awesome indeed..

The E46 325i also come with Single Vanos but getting with Two Vanos

Will be better...a bonus :)

In the mean time have a good stay and all the best to you my friend. .

Yours Truly

Alby325i :):)

Welcome bro to the forum...
For any call 10yrs old surely needs some parts changes due to ware m tear..
Not to worry even my e39 is almost 14yrs...

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

325 is 6 cylinder rite?i have a fren using perdana v6 and merc e280,they told me not to buy 6 cylinder car(high fc and maintanance issue)..hehe tats y i a bit worried..

PaddlePop;844289 said:
325 is 6 cylinder rite?i have a fren using perdana v6 and merc e280,they told me not to buy 6 cylinder car(high fc and maintanance issue)..hehe tats y i a bit worried..

Is your friend driving a 6cylinders BMW? If not, the members here should be able to advise you better. Yes, 325 is 6cyl but NO having extra 2 cylinders compared to most cars on the road does not contribute to high FC, instead your right foot will. Maintenance-wise, yes and no. Certain parts like power steering pump, air cond heater valve is still cheaper than 4 cylinders. No valvetronic but you have Double VANOS. Per oil change require 6-7L of engine oil while 4cyl requires 4L.

Come join the weekly TT at MMZ Bukit Jelutong, every Friday 10pm onwards. Plenty of E46 sifus there to tell you their experience. You might be able to hitch a ride in their gorgeous machines too!

PaddlePop;844312 said:
thx wingzee..it really open my eyes..is this the model u mention? http://www.mudah.my/BMW+325i+A+2+5+FACELIFT-23161036.htm

Yeap that's a 325. From the photos it looked like the base line model ie. without xenon projector headlights, auto light/rain sensor, rear blinds etc. It would be costly to retrofit these items later on. If you are planning to keep the car for long, do look out for the full spec M-Sport or Exclusive edition which come with all the goodies.

Dont compare 6cylinder inline with 6cylinder V6 bro...
My Perdana V6 still under my garage...its alot total diff all together...V6 is a front wheel drive where as bmw 6cylinder inline is a rear wheel drive...
My E39 Jap spec is low in fc compare to my V6....

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

Top Bottom