Help need! E30 Absorber

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

teknokrat

Club Guest
Hi guys. I just bought bilstein B4 (for 325) and when i take out the old one (Sachs) i found it is smaller at the end. And the problem is when i put the new one (not so new), i cant tighten it because its bigger than before and the cap is thick . I dont know wether i need to replace the cap or cannot use the absorber. If need to replace the cap, where i can find it? :stupid:please help, need your opinion & suggestion. :46:1. First picture show the diff between old & new2. 2nd pic show that i cant tighten the absorber coz the cap is stuck.3. The cap.

anakin;530916 said:
Is this case of bigger shaft and smaller shaft?

Nope. The shaft is correct. The problem now is the cap that call "threaded ring with external thread".

Another case of mismatched parts.......

look at the old one, the top end is notched in so the cap can fit in

normally the caps should come as a set,i know coz my B8 came with it, unless you were sold a set without the cap that someone may just have taken it out

the other case would be the absorbers are meant for another model production......

Just check with parts shop. They dont sell it separately. Bilstein is always come with the ring.
So i need to find the ring. Sighh.. ;-(

so all bilstein uses special ring, as i thought so

why didnt you get the rings together? contact seller and ask for it, i'm sure you can find it, or else just weld it in, like some people would do........

sorry to interrupt, what model of bilstein is ok for e30 320i m20?????
but not so expensive???

Top Bottom