Hello everyone.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

james63

Club Guest
James here, from UK. Been in KL since 1994; am an architect and a partner in a company founded here at that time. I married a Penang girl and we have two kids, 9 years and 5 years. I have owned a 1989 318i, a '96 328i, an '01 520i, which is currently for sale, and I now have a 2000 728i. Living at Bukit Antarabangsa.I honestly think that no manufacturer does a car better than BMW, and I am a huge fan of the E39 -it strikes all the right chords of the designer in me: simple design with distinctive shape and perfect proportions, no unnecessary flamboyance, designed to be driven and to be driven in, ergonomics spot on, functions spot on, safe, goes round corners beautifully, is well balanced, well planted at speed and quiet. It is a ridiculously good motor car, and I think BMW have never done a model since which ticks all of those boxes in a single package. Having said that, I haven't driven the model before the E39 (E34?), but I think car design -interiors, and external styling stepped up significantly sometime around the birth of the E39. Perhaps the E34(?) was a better driver's car.I initially joined to keep a look out for an E39 Msport quite a while ago -still looking, actually -but have recently been enjoying the posts and am looking forward to comparing notes and/or points of view on anything BMW.I look forward to some interesting banter....

Welcome to the forums James.

Nice write up, and great collection of rides you have there. Chequered history with the roundel it seems. :top:

Nice to have you here james63. e34 is an 80s design whilst e39 a 90s design. i prefer the looks of the e34 but in terms of drive and comfort, i feel the e39 is significantly better. that's why i'd like to have both.

Welcome..welcome..

Do drop by any of the TTs in town..in fact the official TT is on this coming Friday at Borneo Rainforest Sunway.

Interesting collection of rides,and I do agree with your opinion of the E39. Would love to have one..but the specs I seek is very rare here..ha ha ha..

Cheers & great job finding the Newbies thread..:)

Welcome to the club James. I used to own the E34 before my current E38. To date, I regret selling it... unfortunately, garage space does not permit me to keep both the E34 and E38. The E34 is an extremely well built mechanical car... not a lot of electronics to worry about (compared to the E38 - sensor here la, sensor there la..) and a blast to drive, especially my stick shift 525...

Anyways, looking fwd to seeing your E38 one day. Do join the 7er TT if you can..... just make sure either your "poison" resistance is high or your wallet is fat... otherwise, things can get quite 'bad'.... fast. hahah!

Top Bottom