Heavy rain, water leak inside cabin

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wsonny

Club Guest
Last night was heavy rain at my area, and this morning i notice that water got leak into my car. 3 doors except my driver side... all the carpet wet. This is it because of the door rubber need to change or the door alignment need to adjust. No wonder sometime when my fren sit into my car and complaint got some bad smell. Where can i get the rubber if i need to change? how much will it cost to change all of them?

Got the same problem as ur ride 2 years ago. I got mine changed at MSpeed USJ for ard RM280 for the rubber lining at the front passenger door .

wsonny;842510 said:
280 for only 1 door... Mean 4 door will cost 1k

It could be less than that. I remembered reading one post that someone using the rubber lining from other brand of ride i.e. non BMW that cost much lesser but with no issue.

I have the same problem too, but i think the rain water splash thru' the door 'footer' area (bottom instead of the top).

From my own experience the weather seals is not the problem. The culprit is the plastic water shield behind the door card.

Before you spend the RM1K unnecessarily on the weather seals, you should ask your mechanic to open the door cards and apply new sealant on these plastic water shield.

Trust me, it should work. It's just a cheap fix.

Agreed with Vincent. Check and reseal your water/vapor shield behind the door card, with new sealant. Had the same issue. Cheap fix that worked....

I'd solved this prob, it's the moister barrier behind the door card (replace the butyl rubber lining). DIY for all doors and only cost below rm50. as fr the smell, 1st i use old newspaper (lots of it) to dry up the floor carpet and after it's completely dried..then bought a pack of charcoal..wrap in an old cloth (3-4 pcs in each pack) and i leave it under both seats until my wife says.."no more smell honey " hehehe..

kest1888;842629 said:
I'd solved this prob, it's the moister barrier behind the door card (replace the butyl rubber lining). DIY for all doors and only cost below rm50. as fr the smell, 1st i use old newspaper (lots of it) to dry up the floor carpet and after it's completely dried..then bought a pack of charcoal..wrap in an old cloth (3-4 pcs in each pack) and i leave it under both seats until my wife says.."no more smell honey " hehehe..

hi..can you plse advise where the butyl is sold?

Normally any spare parts shop sale it...
Just ask for 3M got many saiz n thickness...

aku ada stereng lori dan bas......kau ada....

wsonny;842735 said:
Kest1888, bro can u show how to fix.

Sorry fr th late reply, there's few 'How to....your e46" in th youtube. please look fr th related keyword (door card)..y'll b surprise how easy to fix your prob bro. As fr th butyl rubber lining, ask the spare part shop nearby. Maybe..y'll discover that some part of the moister barrier torn due to wear and tear..easy fix wth shoegoo and ply it wth a strong material u can find such as industrial masking tape. last but not least..dont forget to test yr hardwork..slowly run water on the outside window..look fr water leak anywhere...upper, under & all coners on th moister barrier b4 assembling th door card. hope this help..chiow

Sifus, I am having a similar problem. Can someone suggest a good workshop that I can go to in KL or PJ area? Mine is a E90. Thanks.

Just like Kest1888 said the butly rubber lining need to replace the new one around the door card...my problem is solve now

Top Bottom