GUN METAL GREY COLOUR CODE (s) ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lolipo

Club Guest
Hello there guys!I am planning to repaint my long time abandoned E34 to gun metal grey but i can't seem to get the color codes for it and whenever i google it, it seems there is 2 types of gun metal grey color. One dark gun metal grey and another one lighter gun metal grey. Any of u out there can help me on this? Please post in the color codes with photos of the color on a BMW please.Appreciate it if u guys could help me on this for i have only 20 more days to go before it's my turn to send my car to the paint shop. Thanks in advanced.Regards,lolipo:top:

Try #184, but it ran till 1990, so not sure if it was an original E34 colour. Some of the other E34 gurus should be able to help.

Well you can do some homework yourself (the internet is your friend) otherwise you'll have to take my word for it.....:rolleyes:

hahah.. guess so bro.

I was browsing the net jsut now and found this, don't know if this is it...what do u think?

Valspar Z Base (A)
999N1721
Dark Slate Grey Met.
Code: ZDR

lolipo;390483 said:
Hello there guys!

I am planning to repaint my long time abandoned E34 to gun metal grey but i can't seem to get the color codes for it and whenever i google it, it seems there is 2 types of gun metal grey color. One dark gun metal grey and another one lighter gun metal grey.

Any of u out there can help me on this? Please post in the color codes with photos of the color on a BMW please.

Appreciate it if u guys could help me on this for i have only 20 more days to go before it's my turn to send my car to the paint shop. Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

lolipo

:top:

Why gun metal grey? Go with funky colors like purple with yellow lines heheh :eek:
Or pink with green stripes? cool eh???

It appears "Stahlgrau Steel Grey Metallic Grey 51 91 1 052 651" would be the nearest. Seen pics of z3 in steel grey. Looks cool. I think it goes better with smaller/sportier model. Considered that before deciding to change the colour on my e34 from bmw dolphin grey to porsche seal grey :)

Wow! Thank you so much for all the help guys! Appreciate it. Keep posting guys.

Miepower...maybe i'll go for black with pink stripes...with a touch of polkadots on the fenders and to top all that, i might use white bodied tyres with a 15" rims. Cool huh? Yamcha bro?

lolipo;394643 said:
Wow! Thank you so much for all the help guys! Appreciate it. Keep posting guys.

Miepower...maybe i'll go for black with pink stripes...with a touch of polkadots on the fenders and to top all that, i might use white bodied tyres with a 15" rims. Cool huh? Yamcha bro?

I'm keeping this as evidence, I'll make sure the painter follow what you have to say hahah:top: yamcha yes... but on you:listen:

Thanks MrSamdol...appreciate it...keep it coming guys

MiePower - hahahah! yamcha cannn...u not celebrating valentines ka bro? if not...usual place? or somewhere better? place where got loads of E34 with computer box in it? hehehe

lolipo;395466 said:
Thanks MrSamdol...appreciate it...keep it coming guys

MiePower - hahahah! yamcha cannn...u not celebrating valentines ka bro? if not...usual place? or somewhere better? place where got loads of E34 with computer box in it? hehehe

wat place got loads of E34??!!:eek::eek:

my suggestion,

1.check out pics of the same model (e34?) with different paints.. decide what colour is best. well, i guess u've found out gun metal grey is the colour u want?

2.different sized cars wud have different effects.. so look up for similar sized cars, eg merc, audi, camry, etc with nearest 'standard' colour of your choice. then look up their colour code. easier to match by painter.

3. also look up 'common' paint codes for porsches, ferraris, lambo, aston martin, etc.. u can just choose, u wont go wrong this way too..

gud luck!

Top Bottom