Greetings from Singapore

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

EZ1978

Hi guys,

I'm a recent proud/lucky owner of a 1986 Alpina C2 2.7. This is the first car registered under my name - just could not say no when it was offered to me. The ultimate sucky bit - the car is in Malaysia and I am based in Singapore... which means that I only get to drive it approximately 12 times a year when I am back in KL. But when I do get the chance, I sure have a big grin on my face every single time despite some stuff that needs to be fixed. The car is not really in perfect condition but it's definitely not shabby either and after going thru some of the restoration projects on this forum, I am extremely inspired, but reckon this will be a very very very long process for me (blaming potential costs involved, time required and my above average ability to procrastinate and coming up with excuses)

A little bit more about me:
  • What do you drive: In Singapore - walk, MRT, Uber taxi. In KL, the above-mentioned dream car
  • Male
  • How you came about to know bmwclubmalaysia.com?: Online search
  • When was it?: about 5-6 months back
  • What were you expecting or purpose coming to bmwclubmalaysia.com?: I was researching on restoration work on E30s
  • What do you expect from bmwclubmalaysia.com in the next 1-2 years?: Chance to meet and learn from fellow BMW fans
  • What are you planning to do in the next 2-3 years? Get my C2 into a better condition than she is currently

Welcome to the forum bro! Suggest u start ur restoration thread documenting the journey.

Thanks for the suggestion gendong. I was contemplating that but worried that my planned 'restoration' will be 1) taking ages to complete 2) relatively minor compared to what others have done with their ride ... the two factors will only lead to the page becoming a perfect antidote for those with sleeping problem :sleep:
In all honesty, for now, the upgrades I'm contemplating are mostly cosmetic in nature - new coat of paint, putting in place the correct spoilers and replacing some parts.

Welcome to da club dude .... while u r here u can enjoy the experts opinions about the UDM mainly ...

Dear gendong, thanks for the link - inspiring for sure...
and BiMmEr78 (so susah typing your name right on the ipad! Haha).. Thanks for the warm welcome. Indeed I hv been enjoying the expert opinions since I first visited the page. And have lost countless sleeping hours to it. Sure bad for my health :)

Top Bottom