"Ghost in ICE..."

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

drarizal

Club Guest
Hello to all bro sifus...Need some info/opinions regarding the matters bellow... The sound of music played in my ride (radio, cassette or cds) will increase or decrease as the car speed up/slow down as if i am controlling the volume. Is this normal?? :eek: Been having this situation since i bought the car from AB (4 years ago) Went to AB back then, they said... e46 has some sensor in the engine compartment. So that if the engine becomes louder as the car speed up... the volume of the music will automatically increase by itself... Is this true??Then i put in amplifier and subwofer for better sound/base. Still it remains the same. However the "sound effects" is more compare to before as the sound is amplified... Now i have to adjust myself the volume if i speed up as it will increase by itself to a level to compensate the engine noice even though i want to listen to the music slowly :( ... Anyone have the same prob??? Is this "ghost" in ICE or me dreaming the whole time for the past few years in regards to the volume of the music or its just a UDM magic thinggy which i can adjust/fix...??? Thanks :D

it is true doc.... ur car has the sensor thingy.. as for addin the base so on will hv to see the other sifu to answer

drarizal said:
Hello to all bro sifus...
Need some info/opinions regarding the matters bellow...

The sound of music played in my ride (radio, cassette or cds) will increase or decrease as the car speed up/slow down as if i am controlling the volume. Is this normal?? :eek:
Been having this situation since i bought the car from AB (4 years ago)

Went to AB back then, they said... e46 has some sensor in the engine compartment. So that if the engine becomes louder as the car speed up... the volume of the music will automatically increase by itself... Is this true??
Then i put in amplifier and subwofer for better sound/base. Still it remains the same. However the "sound effects" is more compare to before as the sound is amplified...

Now i have to adjust myself the volume if i speed up as it will increase by itself to a level to compensate the engine noice even though i want to listen to the music slowly :( ...

Anyone have the same prob??? Is this "ghost" in ICE or me dreaming the whole time for the past few years in regards to the volume of the music or its just a UDM magic thinggy which i can adjust/fix...???

my friend....

i think u shld go to accesories car lah... fr my previous experience ... u hv to add some ....i dont know what it's name.....basically that things is to cut off the noise of the sound system....i might be wrong lah.....

go to accessories .....:p

drarizal said:
Hello to all bro sifus...
Need some info/opinions regarding the matters bellow...

The sound of music played in my ride (radio, cassette or cds) will increase or decrease as the car speed up/slow down as if i am controlling the volume. Is this normal?? :eek:
Been having this situation since i bought the car from AB (4 years ago)

Went to AB back then, they said... e46 has some sensor in the engine compartment. So that if the engine becomes louder as the car speed up... the volume of the music will automatically increase by itself... Is this true??
Then i put in amplifier and subwofer for better sound/base. Still it remains the same. However the "sound effects" is more compare to before as the sound is amplified...

Now i have to adjust myself the volume if i speed up as it will increase by itself to a level to compensate the engine noice even though i want to listen to the music slowly :( ...

Anyone have the same prob??? Is this "ghost" in ICE or me dreaming the whole time for the past few years in regards to the volume of the music or its just a UDM magic thinggy which i can adjust/fix...???

Dude,
ITs called Speed Sensitive volume function :p

To change the Speed Sensitive Volume Ratio on the E46 Business CD Head Unit:
Turn the radio off then on again. Don’t touch any button except the 'm' button - the button you use to tune the radio frequency manually. Press and hold the 'm' button for TEN seconds or until the display changes. It will then show the serial number of the unit. Normally when you press 'm', the display will reflect that by replacing 'ST' (stereo tuning) with 'm'. When holding the 'm' button for this procedure, the display should not do this - you will continue to see 'ST' for the ten seconds. Now if the display has changed, you are in a configure mode on the radio. If you press the '>' or '

Top Bottom