gears won't shift

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mibeem

Club Guest
Hi fellas and sifus all,Something weird happened yesterday, as I was driving along this hilly section, after the final climb (I'd say 30degree incline, over a 200m stretch) the gear got stuck in 2nd.:confused: The revs went up to 4000rpm and "refused" to upshift. I did this at least twice if not 3 times. Finally, I flicked the gears to tiptronic (manual) and shifted up manually. It responded smoothly and when I got it up to 4th, I flicked it back to "D" and it was OK since....:D Just wonder if any others have experienced this and/or have any explanation (e.g. something to do with the smart (or not-so-smart) adaptive gearbox programming?).Ini macam kalu, nak pi Genting .... genting jugak rasanyerrrr.:eek: BTW, the car's E39, M52, 1997 CBU 528i; single vanos (I think)TQ all & cheers:)

ive experienced it before in my case it cant shift to 4th gear so wat i did was used the manual then my mechanic changed the ATF oil then back to normal can go to Genting wit not so genting feelinglah

auto transmission fluid which cost abt RM70-80 per litre and it must be white in color

Bailey;197450 said:
auto transmission fluid which cost abt RM70-80 per litre and it must be white in color
Aaaahh kalau white in colour PCC ajelah ha ha ha cheaper

Read somewhere that in the older generation of of 39, the steptronic can stick to the gear after a hill climb if the rear tyre are balding. But it is temporary.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom