Gear Box Oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zuanezza

Club Guest
Hello guys...i ' m really need your helpwhat is gear oil shoud use for E46 1.9 UK spec?pening kepala looo...some mechanic suggest ZF (white bottle) / Caltex 1 J / Esso..so hope can share yr experience yaaa..coz different model different gear oil.thank you.

mechanic usually suggest what they stock.
For me, always stick to original

yup i agree with u bro...mechanic just suggest what they have....but my prob dun no what brand should i use...?they said UK and AB spec different brand?

I'm also using ZF white bottle for E46 318 N42, so far so good and make sure u change the gasket and filter too

tq bro Zeedo....anyway yours UK spec? i ' ll try ZF gear box...normally 6 bottle rite?

To check the Gear box maker then need to lift the car baru senang mau tengok, yes...usually will need around six bottles of those ZF which cost RM45 per bottle. One more thing, change your differential oil too when changing the GB oil....all in one go

Guys,

How often shud we change the GB oil? Some said 60K, some said 30K ... which is which? Please share.

Gear Oil Change

buzzlie;415960 said:
Guys,

How often shud we change the GB oil? Some said 60K, some said 30K ... which is which? Please share.
Advise to change every 40,000km
have to get the original Esso Gear Oil.

Top Bottom