Gauge response on M20 Turbokit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ramsing

Club Guest
hey guys,Just wanted to see what the response would be like for a M20 turbo kit for E34 and E30. m20 2.0 and 2.5 litres alike. Turbo kit would consist of turbo manifold, turbine, tune, piping, intercooler and other misc required bits. Target level would be approx 250whp +/-, which should be tolerable for the auto gearbox, but no guarantees. Anyways power levels is controlled by a boost controller, so power levels can be adjusted from base power.Manual gearbox users can opt for higher power levels, but would involve higher costs from the price below.The kit will not come with a metal gasket for the head, as I'm looking at a bolt-on kit. Nor an oil cooler, as it should not be needed at these power levels. Target pricing is around RM7.5k, but this is not a final price. Actual pricing would be when the kit is fully assembled, but it should not be a big difference from RM7.5k, higher or lower. Anyone interested in some boosted love for their M20's? :top:A sample pic of what the mounted turbine will look like on a M20:
m20turbo.jpg

i want, i want...... but my car V8... so twin turbo....so 250hp x 2 ? = 500hps ?

munk3ong;644441 said:
L-jet boleh guna?..hehe

hehe...tuning with L-Jet will be a problem. unless u can get it tuned yourself

pussy;644447 said:
i want, i want...... but my car V8... so twin turbo....so 250hp x 2 ? = 500hps ?

for you must be special project la. your 4.9 stroker + twin turbo can easily touch 900whp. With enough luck, the torque can make your 740i become 740iL :)

ramsing;644449 said:
hehe...tuning with L-Jet will be a problem. unless u can get it tuned yourself
itu lah problem saya..having L-jet 323i la..dunno how/who can tune..

would be interesting to see if the power delivery would be linear as if it comes in a rush, the average hands would find it handful......like mine.

anyhow, for project sake and to glorify our M20 - DO IT!

me....L-jet also aisay!

pussy;644447 said:

bro, please schedule a private tt with lord lamsing.

Jules;645181 said:
would be interesting to see if the power delivery would be linear as if it comes in a rush, the average hands would find it handful......like mine.

anyhow, for project sake and to glorify our M20 - DO IT!

me....L-jet also aisay!

Jules....power delivery is dependant on the turbo size. which is why I'm aiming to use an oem bmw turbo. which should be very linear, as the autobox wont like big tq. So it would be like you have an elephant pushing the car from start, and as you get faster, the elephant will start dropping behind :D

I think what ppl often mistake is that they think turbo's are only good for exploding your engine or getting silly power. If matched properly, you wont be able to feel the boost, just a nice throttle response and fast pick up.

Does the L-jet have any ecu controlling fuel and spark, if yes, what's the ecu number?

mizhan;645229 said:
bro, please schedule a private tt with lord lamsing.

aiyo...no need private tt la. any tt time also ok. just bring the tet-tet only....:D :D

Top Bottom