fuel smell on e46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

davis

Club Guest
any want can help...how come everytime i stop my car with engine around 10 min my car inside got petrol smell.....even traffic jamm also....anywan know??got problem??

Theres a leak, check for fuel line cracks or loose connections(engine bay area). Check fuel tank area for leaks also on the fuel lines, fuel pump cover(i think ur's the plastic tank type like the e36). The cap has a rubber gasket.
By the way it the smell strong after filling up to full tank of fuel. If not, like what u say it smells after ur car stops, this is probably fuel line leak in the engine bay. Take a look inside the engine bay after u off the engine.Good luck

The e36 have this problem. Usually it cause by the worn out hose at the fuel tank.

Just cut a bit of the fuel hose and fit it back. Replace the hose clip as well.

Normally if you fill the tank to full and the smell is quite noticeable, then it is usually the hose at the fuel tank. If the smell occurred at all time (even when the fuel tank is low), then check the engine compartment area.

i think that after i refuel my car doesnt have that smell...i feel this is come out from the aircon???anyway thank for the advise....

Top Bottom