Fuel Filter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

totoro

Club Guest
hello guys,is it really necessary to change fuel filters? and how much. my e46 oredi comin 9 years. havent change yet!!!

All filters have a lifespan, after all, their purpose is to filter out gunk......don't you agree? I guess that's why we change oil filters when we service our car.....

Dirty fuel filters reduce the pressure of your fuel to the engine resulting in loss of power and increased consumption. They have an average lifespan of 6-8yrs

and also depends on how 'dirty" the petrol. Sometime old petrol station may contribute to the sediment and particle in the petrol.

Changing the filter is relatively cheap.

totoro;398443 said:
hello guys,

is it really necessary to change fuel filters? and how much. my e46 oredi comin 9 years. havent change yet!!!
the fuel filter for E46 1.9L is relatively cheap around RM 80, should change every 30,000KM, if u can change earlier better, i am supprise 9 years u never change it. how is your fuel consumption? if u pump full tank how many KM it can take u around city and long distance drive? anyway, fuel filter alone does not solely comtribute to high fuel consumption due to dirty fuel or blockage, there is alot of other things such as your engine condition, spark plug, air filter, etc

my fuel comsumption---- usually pump after orang light and drive further some more- result= can go until 530km, which consist of a mixture of a bit highway drive and plus my usual everday city drive in penang. when pump again for full tank usually will fill up to 60 litre (pump auto stop) after decided to fuel again.

sorry for not so smart question :wink:
when n how to know we have to change it?

ban;399011 said:
sorry for not so smart question :wink:
when n how to know we have to change it?
generally, there is a lifespan for everything, its advisable to change the fuel filter around 25,000-30,000KM or according to your manual recommendation, anyway its not expensive, u cant really see how much of particles/dirt that the filter has remove unless u cut open the fuel filter to explore inside.

totoro;398443 said:
hello guys,

is it really necessary to change fuel filters? and how much. my e46 oredi comin 9 years. havent change yet!!!
I just change,include labour Rm180.00(E462.0)is more expensive than 1.8E46.
Not much different after change it!

changed fuel filter:
+
2 new hose clips

RM63-00 + RM10-00 + labour = RM83-00

Top Bottom