Fuel Consumption for e46 318i N42B20

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

teighlour

Club Guest
Hi guys, i know this has been asked many times but i am generating a survey here. I drive a 2002, e46 318i N42B20 l4. Can I get some owners feedback on their FC.Mine is 100% city driving, clocking about 7.9-8km/L (I would say 60% heavy traffic bumper-to-bumper crawl :slug: and occasionally revving up the car up to 5000-6000RPM :rock:).For 100% highway and using the cruise control of speed between 110-120kmh, I clock 13.5km/L.:cool:Is that normal for you guys?

Actually i have added something which invented by a friend, still testing it out. In fact, the more you rev, the more you save. As for UDM owners, we usually have a heavy foot. This device not only save on fuel but also add additional HP to the car, as good as additional 20 HP. Talking to TUV now to test out the device and get it certified. That's why i am asking for comparison for e46, most answers on the e39.

I dont have concrete data on this until i get the full testing result from TUV. TUV has no lab in Malaysia so I have to send down the device and install in another friend's car either in Singapore or Bangkok. But the feel i have on the car is greater and more power.

teighlour;686998 said:
I dont have concrete data on this until i get the full testing result from TUV. TUV has no lab in Malaysia so I have to send down the device and install in another friend's car either in Singapore or Bangkok. But the feel i have on the car is greater and more power.

What is the price of the device ? I want to try also leh........................let me try pls............hehehehehehehe

tweiboon;687140 said:
What is the price of the device ? I want to try also leh........................let me try pls............hehehehehehehe

Bro, product is not so ready, be patience la. Need more fine tuning. Imagine with more fine tuning, more power and more savings? I need more time to get it ready. Price hasnt even been decided. Will need at least 3-6 months to get it ready. You will be the first to be informed.

wuisshhh can i be one of the testers??? since KK driving is 100% city...

Some many testers....hahaha, good. Well, this is supposed to be a green product, less CO emission.

Now ive arouse so many curiousity and interest, what if i say a proper end product will give a 11kmh in city driving and 16.5kmh on highway. Would this sound more interesting? Coz what i have now is home made and made of cheap materials.

This thread is locked temporary pending clarifications from thread stater.

Guys, sorry about the confusion. I'm just doing a survey and data gathering here at this moment and nothing else to gauge what is your FC based on your driving habits. I will update in future of what is the program that i am doing. Please feel free to let me know your FC and i will use an average for my data collection. Cheers.

teighlour;687359 said:
Guys, sorry about the confusion. I'm just doing a survey and data gathering here at this moment and nothing else to gauge what is your FC based on your driving habits. I will update in future of what is the program that i am doing. Please feel free to let me know your FC and i will use an average for my data collection. Cheers.

So this thread can update again ah ? Then can we DIY for our own version ? Can tell how to do it ?

Bro tweiboon, i will update later. Next time la when i meet you again, you can see for yourself.

bro teighlor,

coming back to the thread topic. my ride is an e46 318i N42B20 Dec'03.

City driving (jams, sporadic sprints on highways) hovers around 9km/L @ 10.9L/100km
highway driving (KL-JB-KL) with auto cruise at 140km/h around 12.5km/L @ 8L/100km

teighlour;687653 said:
Bro tweiboon, i will update later. Next time la when i meet you again, you can see for yourself.

Sure. I am very interested to this device.

teighlour;686929 said:
Hi guys, i know this has been asked many times but i am generating a survey here. I drive a 2002, e46 318i N42B20 l4. Can I get some owners feedback on their FC.

Mine is 100% city driving, clocking about 7.9-8km/L (I would say 60% heavy traffic bumper-to-bumper crawl :slug: and occasionally revving up the car up to 5000-6000RPM :rock:).

For 100% highway and using the cruise control of speed between 110-120kmh, I clock 13.5km/L.:cool:

Is that normal for you guys?

Normal i guess..mine is about the same as u..n from what i see BMW is having some adaptive fuel economy setting that would monitor your driving behavior..lets say if i drive like an uncle for a week and my fuel consumption dropped even though when i speed..i read about this in e46fanatic..and theres a way to reset the throttle adaptation..switching key to position 1 and press ur pedal for 20 sec and position key back to 0 and start engine..then ur adaptation would be reset and the car would relearn ur driving behavior

Top Bottom