FTM System Error **HELP**

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Scissorshand

Club Guest
My 323 only clocked 42k km (Mfg 2012), developed this intermittent problem..... when it occurs there's a judder when pressing the brakes, the "judder" feel comes from the front....

IMG_20140518_192039_zps2f808236.jpg

Have changed from non rft abt 3 mths back.... check tyre pressure all ok.... care to adv what's the possible cause and nearest reliable workshop in S Alam / Subang vicinity that i could go to??

Car warranty over last Feb (damned!!!)...

Thanks

Looks like the wheelspeed sensor may be faulty because that is normally what they use to monitor if the tyre has a flat (FTM = Flat Tyre Monitor)

hi scissorshand, mine had similar issue yesterday as well... FTM DBC start assistance inactive and driving stability came out...u fixed the issue already? need to go to the shop to get it checked later today.

No, it's not fixed yet. Will probably bring it to Optimum Ara Dsara for a check or repair. What's your mileage?

Got the ABS sensor fixed on Sat at Optimum Ara Dsara for RM350 all in incl labour. Job was done by Ah Fai.

PhotoGrid_1400904596655_zps4f6efb0f.jpg

Scissorshand said:
Jinesh, how much did it cost you, where and how long it took to fix?

Thanks
hi bro sorry for late response...mine was fixed in puchong for Rm270 barang 230 upah 40bux.. great job done by the person working there as well.. took abt 20mins to fix it after parts arrived.

jinesh said:
hi bro sorry for late response...mine was fixed in puchong for Rm270 barang 230 upah 40bux.. great job done by the person working there as well.. took abt 20mins to fix it after parts arrived.
is it same part or diff? if its the same then its a good price. You may wanna intro your workshop which did it for others to know....thanks

hi bro it is the same part as u changed. yup price is good and owner is great person to talk to as well... Exxotic BMW in puchong

Hi Scissorshand, I just kena same symptom as yours yesterday. Mine is E90 325i with mileage 45k. Just changed my tyres not long and this happened. The judders felt like it came from the front. May I ask did you just change 1 sensor in front and if so how much and which workshop you went. Many thanks.

Hi Scissorshand, just realised you actually did change your sensor. Was it front left or right? Many thanks.

Hi, changed the left front and few months later the right rear. I think this issue i'm having is prob bcos i sprayed high water pressure when washing the car. This is a habit and i dont have problems with jap rides.

I recently encountered the same, so i left it, it eventually went away. Its been couple of months of so since last incident and i had stopped spraying the water direct when cleaning the wheels.

i have that habit of spraying water around the wheel as well. Any clue where is the exact place of the sensor?

had the same problem with my e90 325i recently. brought my ride to local workshop for diagnosis and found out that it was the right rear speed sensor at fault. Had it replaced and all the warning indicators were gone. Cost was RM580 inclusive of labor.

Marksman88 said:
had the same problem with my e90 325i recently. brought my ride to local workshop for diagnosis and found out that it was the right rear speed sensor at fault. Had it replaced and all the warning indicators were gone. Cost was RM580 inclusive of labor.
That'd very expensive!!!

jinesh said:
I had 4 error codes, ftm, dbc, start assist, driving stability all come out at once on my e92, 335. Testicles shrink at first thinking abs unit had packed up, at only 33k km mileage.

However, I suspected it was the FR wheel sensor as it happened shortly after hitting a bad pothole. Had a similar experience with my E46.

Bought the wheel speed sensor for RM214 from Bavarian Autoparts and had it installed by Lim Tayar for RM25 as I didnt have a jack.

All fine now. Phew

Scissorshand said:
That'd very expensive!!!
Very expensive indeed as i expected it to be cost not more than RM400 after read through the feedback from you and jinesh. was desperate to get the issues resolved. Couldn't have a peace of mind every time i drove the car. Anyway, i'm just glad that it wasn't the abs pump that is at fault. When i thought of RM10k for the abs pump, RM580 is nothing. so that's about it.

Top Bottom