FS : Rear top mount reinforcement for E36/46/Z3

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fabianyee

Founding Member
Fabricated a batch of this rear top mount reinforcement plates for some members. since I have to order a minimum quantity, there are some surplus sets.The aluminum alloy plates would fit the E30/E36/E46 and Z3 since all share the same rear topmount design.Its purpose is to reduce fatigue on top plate of the rear strut tower. Here's the pic:
P1050656.jpg
P1050654.jpg
RM90/pair only..

Damn good price for these. Btw, am I right in saying that if I'm running a rear strut bar, the strut bar frame itself already acts as a similar reinforcement to distribute the load from the 2 tiny nuts up top?

evilnickwong;490183 said:
Damn good price for these. Btw, am I right in saying that if I'm running a rear strut bar, the strut bar frame itself already acts as a similar reinforcement to distribute the load from the 2 tiny nuts up top?

Yes you're right. This is for people who doesn't have a strut bar or isn't planning on getting on due to the limited boot space once you have a strut bar installed.

Fab,

If can fit E46 328, pls keep 1 for me. I'll get it during next AGM plus the sticker too.
Damn I forgot bout it during the Kulim trip:stupid:

initialM;490258 said:
Fab,

If can fit E46 328, pls keep 1 for me. I'll get it during next AGM plus the sticker too.
Damn I forgot bout it during the Kulim trip:stupid:

ya ya.. that kind of hole can forget, others cannot ka ??:rolleyes:

On top of the rear top mounts, on the inside of the trunk compartment. Rather than having the two lock nuts putting pressure directly on sheet metal, it puts pressure on this plate instead which distributes it over a larger area.

fabianyee;490361 said:
Remove the 2 nuts, put the plate on and screw back the nut.
mod10m.jpg

Nice!!. can see the advantage..

reserve one pair for me.. :listen:

I'll be going the monthly TT tmr, u guys can come to collect..
Will reserve a pair for Jarance.. ;)

fabian, a pair for me please. i'll pay/collect tomorrow night tt. thanks!

Fab, I want one. Can't come to tt to collect. Want to arrange meet u this saturday. Can you pm me your number. New phone. Lost your number. Tq.

fabianyee;490429 said:
I'll be going the monthly TT tmr, u guys can come to collect..
Will reserve a pair for Jarance.. ;)

cant come to TT tmr. will collect on AGM day.. Thks.

mizhan;490633 said:
lu manyak sebok la....

anyway, the mrs say you put on weight.. sudah tak macho!

ye la, sikit hari nanti perut sangkut steering.

kena start exercise dah.

Top Bottom