Frequent water drop...!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

paksu

Club Guest
Dear Sifu, I noticed my radiator water always drop to low level but there is no leaking detected! Is it water pump bocor hah? :getyourfactsright:

Uh oh, I experienced that before Paksu. 1st thing that i would advise you to do is send it to a mech which has a preassure check pump. That may help to find out if water is leaking out or your car is just having a thirst hahaha.

Anyway PM me if you want some contact numbers.

Yes bro check with pressure pump.
oso got the problem. but after checking no leaking just flushing radiator and add original bmw coolant. now ok already water level not drop even after long distance driving.

Originally posted by paksu@Mar 22 2006, 02:58 PM
Dear Sifu,

I noticed my radiator water always drop to low level but there is no leaking detected! Is it water pump bocor hah? :getyourfactsright:
also check that its not finding its way into the gearbox!!

Paksu,

Even for my ol e36, I do not have to top up water.

So, in ur case, sounds like there is a leak somewhere.

Ai yooo, another water problem....

Always do the obvious first. Check all hoses and clips. Oh, not forgetting the ones going into the heater matrix. My friend (E36) had continuous water loss until he discovered one of these hoses was leaking. Like what BMW9700 said, check to make sure no water is leaking into the gearbox (usually applies to the E36.... affan66 experienced this, I think).

If still cannot find the source, do pressure test and hope it is not your cylinder head / block / gasket. Check if got water in your engine oil. Also check your water pump if in good condition.

In one of my water loss case, it was solved when I changed the radiator cap. Seems the cap was faulty allowing water to evaporate too fast.... now I hardly need to top up water.

Worst case scenario.....cylinder head may have a hairline fracture...sometimes it's so small that there's no signs of water leaks. You may need to send the head for a pressure test.

there's a pressure gauge there om yr radiator hose, do check on tat. cox it made of plastic, easy to pecah also.. its just a small little plastic. cost u 10 bucks to change nia..

symptom: can see stim comin out!>. if not, then other things liao.>!

thanks all sifus...
what? leak to gear box ah??? oh my god hopefully isn't lah! anyway i will take nessasary mesurement as advice here!
if water leak to gear box we can see the oil cyclinder change to white rite..err so far my oil is ok! my temp gauge pointing exactly half! i think taht is normal rite? err what about yours?

Hi Paksu,

I am also curious and want to find out more.

What is the duration between your last refill and the time you need to top up the water?

I thought this kind of cars don't need to top up water. Correct me if i am wrong.

Originally posted by Zoggee@Mar 23 2006, 02:05 AM
whoa....!!!! why so problematic wan..???

So many sifu or shud I say ...So many Victims here...
:blink: Victims from experience....

Check the oil cap and dipstick area for traces of water in it, shit!!!!!!!my car needs top overhaul, water leaks in alreadyyyyy :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by valkryie@Mar 23 2006, 02:17 AM
Hi Paksu,

I am also curious and want to find out more.

What is the duration between your last refill and the time you need to top up the water?

I thought this kind of cars don't need to top up water. Correct me if i am wrong.
valkryie,

Water drop to low level for about 100km driving... will check again this evenin as guided by our experience sifu here!!

Originally posted by ersalle@Mar 23 2006, 12:57 PM
Check the oil cap and dipstick area for traces of water in it, shit!!!!!!!my car needs top overhaul, water leaks in alreadyyyyy :cry: :cry:
Hi bro,

Long time didn't hear from you. Why dont you join next tt. maybe can get some advice from members b4 you decide to top overhaul yr engine.

Paksu,

Wow that is really terrible. Hope you get your problem resolved ASAP.
My previous E36 do not need to top up any water for my 5 years of ownership.

Car in w'shop in SG going thru top overhaul, bought top overhaul gasket kit for SGD$95. Mannn so many gasket in one packet, good also all change to new one heheheh. Now temporary driving dad's toyota altis.....this car drives like a boat....wannnnaaaa vomit lah me, hope my car be ready by tomorrow

My be u want to chk all the hose to chk if any leaking, look for water mark, secondly chk the aircon hot pipe, many jap model giving this problem after some year. If yas just get the aircon guy to lock it. We dont use this in hot country, used to provide hot air con in japan.
Experience this in one of the car i sold before.

ok the problem already resolved by changing water hose as pic attached!
there's some leak mark there after slowly scrapped with screw driver the hole became bigger... and after removed it i can see the o ring aso shrinked! so part bought fr BA and DIY myself...

a set water hose rm115
a tube silicon sealant rm16

If we do at w/shop how much they charge us for this job? any 1 exp this b4?

Top Bottom