Fellow members - need input on this

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Toffeeman

Club Guest
Today, at AB Johor Bahru, I was provided a nasty CNY surprise The brake pad for E46 (back) now cost RM632.40 ! The front brake pad now cost RM520.80 Why I am kinda surprised is that the last time I changed my back brake pad in June 2005, the price was RM380 ++. Surely after 18 months, the price could not have moved upwards by more than 50%. 20% increase may be somewhat 'non unreasonable' Anyone has such experience before? I wonder whether: (a) AB has keyed in errorneous pricing;(b) BMW Malaysia has raised the price as claimed by AB service advisor; or(c) AB is a rip-off ! In any case, should we bring this matter to the attention of BMW Malaysia?

Bro,

No offence but at that price, I'll be looking at performance aftermarket pads from S'pore. Unless you're trying maintain factory warranty and etc, really see no reason to get AB to replace the brake pads if you could get it done elsewhere. I think the price that they are charging you is steep as we can get original BMW brake pads for both E46 or E39 from S'pore for much less.

Regards,
VaN.

Crazy! Just got mine changed.. Original BMW pads (back) RM300 plus installation.
AB IS a rip-off.. :mad:

Brake pads

Toffeeman;196106 said:
Today, at AB Johor Bahru, I was provided a nasty CNY surprise

The brake pad for E46 (back) now cost RM632.40 !
The front brake pad now cost RM520.80

bro,
That too much to pay for! It should be about RM 300 including labour. Try walking in the "market" and in the process you will save a lot of $$$.

Try this place
http://www.bavarian.com.my/index.php?p=branches

Top Bottom