exposed body panel by large stone chips

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

c-square

Club Guest
I was travelling along the highway the other day and just as I was overtaking a lorry laden with stones, it decided to dump a few with stones on me resulting in a few stone chips on the left side of my car panel. One particular one is at the roof of my car which is quite large and the paint had been chipped off, exposing the metal. I am worried if I don't cover it up soon, it will rust. Anyone have a solution to my predicament? One of my thoughts is to get some paint and just manually paint over the exposed part, but I don't know where I can buy the paint in very small quantity (I don't need the whole tin). Damn...I just hate those heavy vehicles travelling on our public roads :14:

Hi bro c-square...
better do a visit to a paint shop bcoz they are proffessional at this kind of job...
Unless you can DIY it...

c-square;826320 said:
I was travelling along the highway the other day and just as I was overtaking a lorry laden with stones, it decided to dump a few with stones on me resulting in a few stone chips on the left side of my car panel. One particular one is at the roof of my car which is quite large and the paint had been chipped off, exposing the metal. I am worried if I don't cover it up soon, it will rust. Anyone have a solution to my predicament? One of my thoughts is to get some paint and just manually paint over the exposed part, but I don't know where I can buy the paint in very small quantity (I don't need the whole tin). Damn...I just hate those heavy vehicles travelling on our public roads :14:

I remember seeing small touch up paint bottles selling at Carrefour. The thing is that you may not get the exact color of yor car. This is OK if the paint chipped area is not so big and not noticeble.

Cee ... own touch up not easy. If chipped to bare metal you need to put on layer by later till there is a hump and then sand it down again. That is the proper way. Takes a lot of patience as each layer must dry first. Go to a paint shop la ... if you feel rich, try Chipsaway in PJ. The do very good work but its like RM200+ per chip or small area ...

http://www.malaysia.com/directory/c...langor/Chipsaway_Malaysia_Sdn_Bhd_119461.html

If not try the shop I like at Penchala ... its after Ingress ... just beside Petronas. They do great work and cheap ...

Bro Wil.... what's the name of this particular shop at Penchala you were talking about? Knn, I friggin' hate these lorries!

c-square;827006 said:
Bro Wil.... what's the name of this particular shop at Penchala you were talking about? Knn, I friggin' hate these lorries!

Dunno name ... It's right beside PETRONAS only. Go and ask see how much la ...

Top Bottom