Expert Advice needed !

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E34Fever

Club Guest
Hi All Sifus,My E34 behaves strangely of late, I need master advice from all sifus pls.1. She makes "groook grook" sound when going over bumps and also on even light braking. The sound is also apparent when accelerate from standstill. Creepy !!!I have had the underarms and bushes all done oredi by Optimum Foo, but problem still there. Stabalizer Rod changed by another mechanic , also to no avail. I need a good and trust worthy one PLS 2. My steering wheel does not return to its original 12 oclock position after mild turn to 10 or 2 o clock ! It returns back only when its on full wheel to wheel turn. Strange !!!!I need advice and a trust worthy mechanic pls , Someone ?Tks in advance !

Have you also checked if your shock absorbers & springs are in good condition?. I recently had a similar problem, had this scrapping sound whenever I went over bumps and later found out that it was a worned down absorber. The shocks had lost some of its damping rate so the car was lower and the tyre was actually hitting the fender when going over bumps.

So go check the absorbers, they could be leaking or just in need of replacement due to age. Good luck.

E34fever, u like going to pasar, buy bit here & there. Make sure u get them right 1 placelah. Sounds like its not fix after replacing & u lost confidence in them ah? I'll try not to directly recommend a place, but u can research here the places where most will go.

I noticed that u change the lower arm but not the upper. Why? From experience, unless its really in good condition, its better to replace both. Although the aluminium 1 is costly but having both replaced is better than having the new one destroyed prematurely by the failing other. Both (upper & lower) got the rubber joint that can easily deteriorate.

What else mounting u changed? Engine, gearbox, exhaust, what else? I know the last one sound weird but it happen to me b4. The brake pad.

Cheers.

Top Bottom