Esso LT71141 ATF Oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sewell

Club Guest
Hi, i am thinking to change my current ZF5HP ATF oil to this Esso LT71141. would this 2 a different ATF oil? As i told the original/ main supplier for this gearbox is Esso. and i have ask the supplier this Esso ATF only come in 20liter. if i would to get this anyone want to share with me?anyone know what type of lube for the rear axel gearbox? how long should we change it.my ride is E39 M54 520i 2003thank you.

I was recommended to use Castrol Multi-Vehicle ATF. Change every 60K KM by Seong Hoe Melaka. Can be had for RM90 for 4 liters.

Change the axle oil everytime u change gearbox oil. Its cheap though...use Redline..

sewell;528423 said:
Hi, i am thinking to change my current ZF5HP ATF oil to this Esso LT71141. would this 2 a different ATF oil? As i told the original/ main supplier for this gearbox is Esso.

and i have ask the supplier this Esso ATF only come in 20liter. if i would to get this anyone want to share with me?

anyone know what type of lube for the rear axel gearbox? how long should we change it.

my ride is E39 M54 520i 2003

thank you.

I'll share with you on this ESSO ATF. It is life-long specs as per BMW. In theory, it is life-long assuming the gearbox would last you 200,000KM. How much is the 20liters?

better get the technical specifications sheets and compare oil technical properties before embarking on what your mechanic tells you.....else stick to OEM specs...

i know many PSA cars - peugeot/citroen/fiat are regretting changing gear oils other than recommended specs coz somebody said it was ok to use.....gearbox koyak due to oil incompatibility,
try and imagine a human with O type blood being pump with AB type blood, i wouldn't dare try it and as much as putting different specs of oil into my autobox

new generation gearbox are way too sensitive, too much oil, too little oil it will cause problems

my advise is do somemore research about the different specs of oil and its compatibility

fugowitz;529507 said:
I'll share with you on this ESSO ATF. It is life-long specs as per BMW. In theory, it is life-long assuming the gearbox would last you 200,000KM. How much is the 20liters?

hi bro, since you are interested, then i will go and ask for the price for the ATF. will PM youu the price. i think 3 plll can share for 20 liter.

Hi Sewell,
My ride is a 2.5 litre. I was told the ATF change would require around 8 liters of the stuff.
How many liters of ATF would your ride requires?
With 3 people sharing, I think it the total requirements may exceed 20 liters.

fugowitz;530200 said:
Hi Sewell,
My ride is a 2.5 litre. I was told the ATF change would require around 8 liters of the stuff.
How many liters of ATF would your ride requires?
With 3 people sharing, I think it the total requirements may exceed 20 liters.

the max will go up to 8 liter, if you did not change the filter then it will only us up to 5-6 liter only. since both of up want to flush the gearbox, then we both share will do. i will PM you the price. or we can go to one mechanice shop to change.

it's now Rm83.68 a liter from the workshop..new price now...

Top Bottom