Error code for my newly acquire E36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

heng1028

Club Guest
Hi all,I am newbie here, recently acquired a 96 E36Yesterday, I did the first repair for the E36Change tranny oilChange tranny oil filterChange rubber coupling (Item 1)Change fiber bush (Item 7)Change tranny mountingChange center mounting (Item 11,12)Item number shown in the picture.Also, I did the diagnosis and the following errors appeared. Can someone shed some light to enlighten me?153 CAN DME load signal27 Bake pad wear indicator (Brake pad or bake pad?)16 Fuel Tank sensor10 Clamp 15 voltage too high13 Voltage peak metering device24 Error speedometer signal15 SRI input errorCan any sifu here give me some hint on how to resolve this error one by one?Thank you very much. :)Heng

for 15 SRI input - airbag connections matter...
27 brakek pad - the sensor may be dirty

the rest i'm not fimiliar with at the moment. Why don't you try to re-set it or shall i call erase all the default code and try again once more..

It could be that the past owner had never did the erasing of the fault after repair.

just my 2 cent

I did erase all the errors

will check it when i go back to workshop next time if the error still exist

thanks for your reply

heng1028;231034 said:
I did erase all the errors

will check it when i go back to workshop next time if the error still exist

thanks for your reply

You have done the right thing mate, as i personally dont trust a 100% on these error codes. 1 minute they say error, next day u plug it and nothing shows up. Hv spent for no reason on this problems. So its really up to ur mech to go through 1 by 1 item manually to check if they really need replacement etc. Sometimes i feel this forum/forummers can diagnose our problems faster if you can give specific details, rather than our mechs!!So take ur time and ur car should communicate with you!! GdLuck..:confused:

cheers...

heng1028;231019 said:
Hi all,
153 CAN DME load signal
27 Bake pad wear indicator (Brake pad or bake pad?)
16 Fuel Tank sensor
10 Clamp 15 voltage too high
13 Voltage peak metering device
24 Error speedometer signal
15 SRI input error

What diagnostic computer was used? Launch X431?

not sure if i can remember correctly but here:-

153 - CAN or controller area network bus on the dme, the cable loose or faulty that is to detect engine load or the sensor on the other end is faulty. load to detect throttle position.
27 - brake pad sensor, connection loose, open circuit somewhere.
16 - fuel level sender unit either left or right or both.
10 - vehicle electrical charging system, voltage too high.
13 - vehicle electrical charging system, something to do with the VR either faulty or something.
24 - field effect sensor at the rear differential
15 - srs airbag, either the airbag unit connector on the steering wheel (orange plug on the airbag unit itself or the one under the column) is loose or the airbag sensor (under the rear seat in the middle) faulty or some connection loose or something.

check the connection especially the plugs/connectors. at the vehicle is more than 10 years of age, everything degrades. Plugs and connectors are no exception.

Top Bottom