Engine Wash

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

machismo

Club Guest
Hi Guys...Which shop do you always go to wash your E46 engine in USJ or Subang area that really know where the sensitive part/ electronics in your engine bay to be taken care and how much it usually cost..:smokin:

Bro,
i live in Subang. Never heard of anybody / any car wash operator that is able to do that.
So far, I've never wash the engine.
Conti cars are too sensitive.
Just use wet towel to wipe the dirt.
Are your bay too mess up?

BMW Service Center world wide does not recommend washing of engine. Many exposed components in the engine bay for cooling purposes and vulnerable to water seepage which can cause rust and degrease of certain exposed bearings.

Just wipe with damp cloth if u can't bear the dirt.. :D

maximust;519958 said:
Bro,
i live in Subang. Never heard of anybody / any car wash operator that is able to do that.
So far, I've never wash the engine.
Conti cars are too sensitive.
Just use wet towel to wipe the dirt.
Are your bay too mess up?

There is one shop.. name SHINE TECH.. they can do DRY CLEAN for BMW Engine... cost around RM150.. if i remember it well... need around 1hr to complete it... so i decided to try it next time....

if u rajin DIY - refer to Initial M or Clockwork ... these 2 bmw gilaman can make anything shine new!!

i just wash it myself ....
must be done when engine is cold

1) use selleys degreaser ...spray on the area which have oil stains ..leave it for 2 minutes and run down with tap water with low pressure

2) soap it with meguire's car wash shampoo ..wipe it dry and after 5 minutes start the engine and let it idle for another 5 minutes or so

3) detailed it with CD2 engine detailer ...spray on and leave it to dry overnight ( the last step )

note : use plastic bag to close up the MAF , hid balast , air filter box , fuse box etc etc and pls use running tap water without pressure ...

work completed in 1.5 hours

Different folks may have different methods but BMW AG decided to play it safe, or we are smarter than them by using technique unheard of by them.. :p

I wash too, but once a year.. :p

Top Bottom