engine vibration when speed up to 100km/h

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

weechoon

Club Guest
My E36 325 M50 engine feel vibration when speed up to 100km/h.When i press the accelerator i can feel the vibration,but when i didn't press the minyak it don't feel vibration.Why ahh?when my car at slow speed the vibration not too obvious,at more than 100km/h i can feel like my car shaking. Any Sifu here can help?WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

the strange part is only tekan minyak it will vibrate,lose the pedal(not tekan minyak) don't feel any vibration!!!the steering is fine.

engine mounting?? but if mounting is bad, theoratically u should feel vibration when idling too... but doesn't hurt to check...

1. engine mounting
2. Abosrber mounting
3. wheel alignment

check the above item.. try the drive with aircon off...

i think it may be either of the following:

1st suspect - long shaft , coupling
2nd suspect - wheel bearing

Yesterday went to workshop to check my car.the mechanic said is the tyre vibrate!must be the tyre problem!! went to tyre shop,they tested my car,said is rear longshaft problem!!So who to beleive?
But now my car on slow speed also can fell the vibration...will go & check again.

Your so power leh....Are you sure it's not at 200 kmh??????

Because of the vibration only during throttle application, and at specific speeds, it's sounds more like the propellar shaft (longshaft) bushing is broken or the shaft itself is out of alignment......

Finally solved my problem,to change longshaft coupling 160+60 workmanship,so total RM220.

dats why laaa.
don drive so fast....
or change gear faster...
buy short shifter

Originally posted by weechoon@Oct 5 2005, 12:56 PM
Finally solved my problem,to change longshaft coupling 160+60 workmanship,so total RM220.
Glad to hear that......and reasonable price too.....

Originally posted by weechoon@Oct 5 2005, 12:56 PM
Let us know the w/shop pse. :rolleyes: And how long it take to do that? :blink:

Tq &rgds.

Top Bottom