Engine Stalling

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yoke

Club Guest
Guys.. Not sure whether someone already facing the ssame problems/posted before.As you all aware, last night downpour very heavy..water rises everywhere. After picking up my car from my mechanic (servicing) in Kayu Ara drive home to my place near Subang Airport. Going through all the water, the highest my guest is around the ankle high.Nearing my house, (when slowing down RPM around 1 probably) the engine suddenly dies. Pull to the kerb, off everything restart ok, than managed to get home park the car, left it idle the engine died again. This time it won't start, cranking but won't start.Call my mech, he said don't start it until morning. Leave it like that. Wait till morning.This morning, The car start first attempt, but few second later died. Try again ok, after revving and maintaining the RPM around 2+, the car seems fine, drove to work and now running as usual.My question: What can be the cause?? Damp distibutor cap, water into air intake. etc?? Should I need to worry?? Or is this a one of case.

Similar thing happened to me last week. Was a damp distributor cap. Car stalled in the middle of the rain, sat in the car reading a PBMW mag waiting for the rain to stop. (around 15minutes)

Rain stopped, unscrewed distributor cap, soaking wet, wiped dry, sprayed some WD-40, wipe some more, engine started, sped off. According to Fabian I might need to change the cap coz the o-rings are worn out.

Happened to me a few times too on my previous ride, wet distributor cap was the culprit.

Did as what Nik did and car started without much hassle.

Note: alway have a bottle of WD40 handy in the booth. :D

Top Bottom