engine over heating problems.Need help..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fizee83

Club Guest
hello alli am new here , please guide me through. my car have a over heating problem so i send it to be fix , all the cooling system (radiator thermostat and a few hoses)were change and the car is ok but the engine kasar a little bit after a few days as i was driving the meter went to red so i stop , after 30 min i open my hood there were smoke and i have to topup half bottle of water for the radiator..and after that i drove sloly to home and there were noises n hv to topup water again along the way.the following morning i try to start my engine and after a few minit the temp gauge went to red but there is no light this time.i already send it to be fix and they told me i hv to get a new engine that cause me a lot.is there any ways for me to fix my car without changing the engine.my car spec is e46 328 euro spec..please help me out as i am running out of option and cash.

fizee83;604473 said:
hello all

i am new here , please guide me through.
my car have a over heating problem so i send it to be fix , all the cooling system (radiator thermostat and a few hoses)were change and the car is ok but the engine kasar a little bit after a few days as i was driving the meter went to red so i stop , after 30 min i open my hood there were smoke and i have to topup half bottle of water for the radiator..and after that i drove sloly to home and there were noises n hv to topup water again along the way.the following morning i try to start my engine and after a few minit the temp gauge went to red but there is no light this time.

i already send it to be fix and they told me i hv to get a new engine that cause me a lot.is there any ways for me to fix my car without changing the engine.my car spec is e46 328 euro spec..please help me out as i am running out of option and cash.

Sounds like you have a warped cylinder head due to the repeated overheating, mate. Unfortunately, if the warping is bad (and it does sound like it is, since your car overheats within minutes of start-up) there's very little you can do to remedy the situation except swap the engine.

can i just change the top part of the engine??and if i have to change it how much is the cost?

Top Bottom