Engine Fault Message

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Shaun88

Club Guest
Hi all sifus,For the past few weeks my E60 always pop-up a message Engine fault "high engine loads may damage catalytic converter drive at reduced engine load"... when I restart the engine it disapear or I can clear it manualy by the i-drive button. Does anyone have this problem before?

Had the same message appearing on my idrive while driving. Immediately the car lost power and you couldn't drive fast and acceleration is worse than a Kancil. Quickly drove over to a mechanic and after plugging onto the computer, was told that its either the spark plug or ignition coil. Went the cheaper route first, took out the plugs and found that they were really dirty and burned out. After changing all 6 plugs, fault message in the computer still showed ignition coil for cylinder 6 has prob and engine was vibrating more than usual. Changed the faulty ignition coil as well and all the fault message and engine vibration were gone. Drove away a happy man again. Just to share with bros who may have the same fault message on their i-drive in future.

Top Bottom